100-year-old Brit Gets Famous. Has Had The Motorcycle Affliction.

100-year-old Brit Gets Famous. Has Had The Motorcycle Affliction.

Re: 100-year-old Brit Gets Famous. Has Had The Motorcycle Affliction.

Allred
I remember the Scott "Flying Squirrels", a guy in our town had two of them!

They looked more like this than the one ridden by Colonel Tom Moore...........

Re: 100-year-old Brit Gets Famous. Has Had The Motorcycle Affliction.

oldironnow
I always dug that model.

If they would've put a water pump on it! Was it an aversion to gaskets and seals?

Re: 100-year-old Brit Gets Famous. Has Had The Motorcycle Affliction.

Allred
We've all seen the "Grapes of Wrath" scenes of steam coming out of the radiator caps of cars of that era. I'm not sure when they began pressurizing cooling systems............30s?..40s? And not sure if a water pump was used before pressurized systems as the thermo-siphon method wouldn't need one?

So I'm guessing the unusual water-cooled Scott (most motorcycles were air-cooled) just followed the car cooling designs of the time.

.