2022 Busa

oldironnow
It's got a touch of the Bozo in there.

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred

When I first saw pictures of the 'Busa back in '99 I was horrified at its ugliness. Then I saw it in person, and warmed a little. Time went by and I warmed more. I guess it was ahead of its time, because I've loved that machine ever since, and if I buy another motorcycle, it will be a 'Busa.

How can you not admire the sheer power, sure handling and relative comfort.......the ultimate advanced epitome of the ubiquitous UJMC.

Plus it's good to see something that ain't broke, being not fixed.

The mufflers are a little funky, but I bet I could live with them.

I'll take a silver & red one please.

Re: 2022 Busa

oldironnow
This is arguably the best Gen.

By 'Bozo,' I'm referring to our friend's nickname for his Victory Vision.

I see the resemblance in the chromed swoop of the fairing vent.

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred
It was FatFat who had the Vision, right?

I say "had" because if I remember correctly he sold it?

The Victory Vision sure had some unique styling........but you are spot on with your analogy, that 'Busa chrome fairing sweep looks like it was stolen directly from the Vision.

Re: 2022 Busa

Ha,, Steve from the CW forum has a Friends of Cycle World on Facebook where this was brought up and I Sade the exact same thing about the Vision resemblance.

Yes, I had a Vision. Best tour I ever owned. I would still have it or a new variance if Victory was still in the biz.

I do like this new busa. Still has the heft. It is down 7 horsepower but like that matters at 187 hp.

I to want to own one one day,, when I grow up and learn discipline.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/2021-suzuki-hayabusa-official-website-debut-12392741.html

Re: 2022 Busa

oldironnow
It sure is attractive, except, and this is highly subjective, for the color schemes.

I could go an all-black model.

The red on the silver looks like lipstick.

But I bet in the metal, i may have a more upbeat take on the clothing.

Re: 2022 Busa

It sure is attractive, except, and this is highly subjective, for the color schemes.

Agreed, despite a range of color combinations over the 22 years, rarely has one appealed to me.

I liked the White/red of 2008, and also the Red/white of 2014.

If I had one I think I would have to have some subtle professional painting done of my own choosing.

Re: 2022 Busa

oldironnow
"Son, it's hard to be a badass road missile when you look like a Power Ranger."

- Brough Superior

Re: 2022 Busa

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred
The one new feature I don't like about the new 'Busa is it's new price tag of $18,599, that's a $3,800 increase over last years price of $14,799.

So they've made some improvements, but considering it's basically the same bike with some modifications a 25% increase in price is a little steep!

Maybe they have the poor economy in mind and know sales will be low and so have to make bucks where they can.

Re: 2022 Busa

oldironnow
Allred wrote
The one new feature I don't like about the new 'Busa is it's new price tag of $18,599, that's a $3,800 increase over last years price of $14,799.

So they've made some improvements, but considering it's basically the same bike with some modifications a 25% increase in price is a little steep!

Maybe they have the poor economy in mind and know sales will be low and so have to make bucks where they can.

.
I thought it was essentially the same, but this article suggests it's been massaged everywhere.

And they had to meet Euro5.

Looking at the comments at the end of the article suggests you won't have a waiting list to buy one. Shame. Seems like Suzuki took a prudent path.

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred
That is an excellent article, thanks for posting. (Pity the rest of the world can't get its act together and post figures properly in feet, inches, lbs and ounces!)

The readers' comments are pretty damning, but I notice they are mostly from current 'Busa owners, and I detect some derogation if not flat out disparagement.

It must be hard to get excited about a new model when the one you have looks as good as the new one, does pretty much everything the new one can do (and sometimes more) and no matter how nice your 'Busa is, you would have to ante up an additional $9-$12 grand to get into the new one!

Maybe a case of the fox declaring, "they were probably sour anyway"!

Looking on cycle trader you can get a clean, ultra-low-mileage 3 or 4 year-old series II 'Busa for under $10 grand, and looking at the picture of the 3 'Busas in that article I have to admit I may actually even prefer the look of the prior series, especially at half the price.  (BTW, I'm really beginning to dislike that "bozo" chrome fairing flash! LOL!)

Re: 2022 Busa

My guess is the Bozo chrome will be blackened out on owned models. Probably end up wrapped in purple in the ones with stretched swing armed bike.

Saw this on another article some where;
"I don’t really go crazy fast on a bike, but it’s good to have the power to get me out of trouble when needed".

If the required solution to get out of trouble is a Busa, then you must be getting into an awful lot of trouble.

It made me giggle.

Re: 2022 Busa

 I've always been partial to the the first gen silver and gold model.

Re: 2022 Busa

Saw this on another article some where: "I don’t really go crazy-fast on a bike, but it’s good to have the power to get me out of trouble when needed".

If the required solution to get out of trouble is a Busa, then you must be getting into an awful lot of trouble!
LOL, while there is some truth to the initial statement, your follow-up line really made me laugh!

Re: 2022 Busa

 Looking at the front it sure looks like it will not be parked in the living room unless you have french doors.

WIDE LOAD

Re: 2022 Busa

I've always been partial to the the first gen silver and gold model.

You know, isn't that amazing, the first issue of the 'Busa appeared not only grotesquely ugly to me, but the paint scheme seemed equally inappropriate. But as the years went by, the 'Busa's styling looked better, and that color scheme also grew on me, until I actually got to like it! (didn't they make a recent anniversary model in that very color?)

The 'Busa really has to be one of the most important contributions to the history of motorcycling, nearly as important as the Honda CB750 KO 4. And we are lucky that it is still available in near-original form after all these years.

Damn, I've almost talked myself into buying one!!!

Re: 2022 Busa

Looking at the front it sure looks like it will not be parked in the living room unless you have french doors.
 I have some french doors!

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred wrote
 I have some french doors!

.
Well then,,, it’s meant to be.
Can’t wait to see some of your photos with some of your closet babes you’ve been posting throughout the years.

Just do us a favor,,,, put on a depends on the day you decide to crack the throttle open hard. We don’t need to see that in your photos😀

Re: 2022 Busa

Allred
So CycleWorld has a review of the new Hayabusa, and I like everything I hear/read..............
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2022-suzuki-hayabusa-first-ride-review/

But, since Oldiron pointed out that chrome "bozo" slash on the fairing I just can't get over it, it spoils the whole look of the bike! That, and the terrible color schemes, and the so-so mufflers, and I just can't bring myself to hanker after one.

I think I have to do what I usually/often do, and that is realize that I should have purchased the previous model............you know, the one that I didn't like at the time of its release because it was too different from the previous model!!!!!!!