30 Years of the Monster

The Munster is turning 30 this year and Ducati is celebrating with a special edition Muster that is the lightest bike to ever have that name. At 406 pounds it's 8 pounds lighter than the standard. This is done by lighter Ohlins forks, Brembo brakes and the forged wheel that are lighter than the standard items.
The forged wheels are 3-1/2 pounds lighter than the standards wheels which decreases the moment of inertia by over 21% on the front wheel and 26.9% on the rear.

I was taken back that a measly 3.5 pounds could make that much of a difference.

Just because it's a special edition it doesn't mean maintenance needs to go up. With oil changes at nearly 10,000 miles apart and valve adjustments at 19,000 miles it's not a high maintenance model.

Price is around $18,000.00USD and there's only 500 of them being made so get your deposit in quick.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2024-ducati-monster-30-anniversario/

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

hacksaw
take that bike and shove it.
it dont work for me no more.

now here is a beautiful Monster.

sweet trellis Duck.
not like the one fat2 is rightfully calling a Munster.

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

The red trellis frame is much more pleasing to the eyes.

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

hacksaw
too much black.
ducati should have some red.
i dont care for black Lamborghini either.

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

The red trellis frame is much more pleasing to the eyes.
certainly is!

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

hacksaw
"back-of-a-refrigerator looking left side"

EXCELLENT! great comment.

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

History of the Monster

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/august/ducati-monster-timeline/

I still say the pre 2014 Monsters are the better looking Monsters.
I'd like to own one for a try. A M750 will do just fine.

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

hacksaw
The exhaust will quiet down once thst under tge frame location gets mashed.
Trellis frames are beauties .

Re: 30 Years of the Monster

hacksaw
796 4K