975 PanAm?

oldironnow
https://www.backstreetheroes.com/2022/05/31/could-a-baby-harley-davidson-pan-america-be-on-the-way/

((((((  Found this while looking into the nature of 'tiller bars'. It's a big thing with Swedish choppers?

Led me to this image at Back Street Heroes:

https://www.backstreetheroes.com/2014/05/01/issue-362-spirit-of-79/

)))))))

Re: 975 PanAm?

motogrady

Ha!  Captain America got nothin on dat!

Re: 975 PanAm?

I love that chopper. I wouldn’t want to ride it much further than to the Mexican joint across town though. Softails have spoiled me.

I could see a smaller adventure bike. The Pan American is huge to a guy with my stubs.
I wonder if anything else would be downsized like, electronics and price.

Re: 975 PanAm?

hacksaw
1200 to 975?
What a load of crap! That ain’t smaller really.
Make A 750

Re: 975 PanAm?

hacksaw wrote
1200 to 975?
What a load of crap! That ain’t smaller really.
Make A 750
I've asked that same question to the ADV guys.
Why so big.

Mostly I get that they do a lot more street and highway than dirt.
They want to cruise street at 75/80 for a few hours street and then jump off onto some
dirt path over a ridge or 2.

Then haul at 80 back home.

Then there's the guys that want to ride a true adventure, say Tierra del Fuego To Nome, Alaska.

The one I've seen around forever, the one that seems to really split it evenly, does neither
street or dirt real good, but both okay, is the Kawasaki KLR 650.

Re: 975 PanAm?

motogrady
The 1250 Pan America.

Re: 975 PanAm?

I respect the KLR.
It’s the bike that imho, is whst made ADVrider.

The terra Del fuego comment is right on . Those guys are from the GS bmw initiated life. All the power to them .
But much of this is Beullshyt.
There are thousands of ‘off road” pick ups and suv in my area thst never go off road . No place to go around here anywzy.
Obama spent billions of taxpayers money to destroy good vintage F350s and fleets of Fleetwoods. look around now a what replaced them !   Huge pickups , 4 door Ptrbilt wannabees everywhere. It’s all jive  , friends, it’s all all jive.

I am waiting on the Triumph singles and perhaps the real availability of the BSAs.
Yamaha still sells an air cooled 250 dual purpose machine .
And RE has the new classic 35O ( not the meteor ) that i would think could me fitted with JC Whitney universal tread tyres and a high pipe.
Downsizing is where the fun is.
Behemoth off road bikes may be  just the think in Death Valley. Not here
In New England!
And don’t even get me started on Baggers!

Re: 975 PanAm?

I thought GS's were baggers that like to roll in the dirt.

Re: 975 PanAm?

hacksaw
originally they weren't so bad