A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

CW had a Bruno de Prato story in my email about the Guzzi lineage, and at the end was a mention of a wet Guzzi in the works.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/dive-into-the-history-of-the-sideways-italian-vee/

Naturally, an immediate internet search was commenced on my part,
and THAT led to a CW story establishing the same point, but it was posted in 2013...

https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/06/04/new-moto-guzzi-liquid-cooled-v-twin-engine-work-in-progress/

Further links revealed that a modified Guzzi was shown at The Quail in 2018, and that there's a SF Bay Area company working on a water cooled transverse V-twin for Porsches or what have you.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21593-liquid-cooled-new-engine-for-v11/

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20402-interesting-four-valve-v11-at-the-quail-this-weekend/

https://www.citybike.com/news-clues-rumors/40-photos-2018-quail-motorcycle-gathering/

(Scroll for photos) http://www.wescoa.com

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

For some reason, I've always wanted a guzzi.
One of those Elvis would have looking ones. An Ambassator, a Californian?

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

All Guzzi needs is look to Honda circa late 1977 for a water-cooled Guzzi concept called the CX500. Take that, double the displacement and give it prettier Italian cosmetics, and ...
I think the problem lies with wheelbase.

It's already long, and then they'd have to put the rad' somewhere.

It's kind of like my old house; If I touch one thing, I have to rebuild the entire place.

Their anxiety over it may be strong, too. "What if we go through all this work and cost, and no one wants to buy it? What if they just want the fins?"

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

For some reason, I've always wanted a guzzi.
One of those Elvis would have looking ones. An Ambassator, a Californian?
Same odd yearning. The Dr. John Wittner era got me. I always wanted a sporting Guzzi.

I read about him in a magazine once or twice.

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

Allred

The styling of that V7 Moto Guzzi is so right it is timeless.

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

oldironnow
Truth spoken here ^

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

Allred wrote

The styling of that V7 Moto Guzzi is so right it is timeless.

.

 That is beautiful right there.

Re: A Wet Moto Guzzi project?

For some reason, I've always wanted a guzzi.
 I've came close to getting a Guzzi several times when I've had the itch for another bike but for some reason I just keep buying Harley's. I really should buck the trend and get some Italian in my stable that is not stupid fast.

The Flying Fortress intrigues me and the V7 is a must own some day.