AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

Re: AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

Rd. 4 Back to Anaheim

https://youtu.be/7Vhu3Z0rslo

4 races in, 4 different winners.

They should give Roczen an award just for surviving as long as he has.
Not that most of his crashes are his to blame, but geez, wreck o rama.
One tuff guy right there.
Tomac puts the backward motor on top, and seems to be coming on strong.  Anderson let the Roczen thing get to him. Webb needs to go back to whoever was training him last year.
As a side note, look who had 2 guys from their factory hanging around.......

Re: AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

grado
Ok fellas.... Round 5.  Glendale.

This one was the first Shootout, or 3 Moto foremat.
3 short motos, with Olympic Scoring, lowest score of all 3, wins the overall.

Tomac and Yamaha are on a roll.

Results for the 450s.

450 Overall
1. Eli Tomac (Yamaha) 1-1-3
2. Malcolm Stewart (Husqvarna) 3-2-4
3. Chase Sexton (Honda) 11-3-1
4. Jason Anderson (Kawasaki) 2-12-2
5. Ken Roczen (Honda) 4-6-7
6. Justin Barcia (GasGas) 6-7-6
7. Marvin Musquin (KTM) 5-4-11
8. Cooper Webb (KTM) 8-8-5
9. Dean Wilson (Husqvarna) 9-9-9
10. Shane McElrath (KTM) 10-11-8
11. Aaron Plessinger (KTM) 12-10-10
12. Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha) 7-5-22
13. Mitchell Oldenburg (Honda) 13-14-15
14. Justin Brayton (Honda) 18-13-12
15. Brandon Hartranft (Suzuki) 17-17-13
16. Justin Bogle (Suzuki) 19-16-14
17. Kyle Chisholm (Yamaha) 15-15-20
18. Alex Martin (Yamaha) 14-19-18
19. Max Anstie (KTM) 20-18-16
20. Ryan Breece (Yamaha) 16-21-17
21. Cade Clason (Honda) 21-22-19
22. Fredrik Noren (KTM) 22-20-21

Note Malcom Stewart.  Yes, James "bubba" Stewart's younger brother.

https://youtu.be/iVR372bRRfw

Series Standings after Rd. 5.

1. Eli Tomac 111
2. Chase Sexton 100
3. Jason Anderson 96
4. Malcolm Stewart 93
5. Justin Barcia 89
6. Cooper Webb 88
7. Ken Roczen 80
8. Marvin Musquin 80
9. Dylan Ferrandis 75
10. Aaron Plessinger 67
11. Dean Wilson 61
12. Shane McElrath 50
13. Max Anstie 44
14. Brandon Hartranft 40
15. Justin Brayton 33
16. Mitchell Oldenburg 33
17. Joey Savatgy 27
18. Kyle Chisholm 24
19. Adam Cianciarulo 23
20. Alex Martin 20

Rd 6.

Tomac……….almost.

 https://youtu.be/T2wdXfC7J9I

Rd 7.  Things tighten up.

 https://youtu.be/RJepPT1TzIQ

Re: AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

grado
Administrator
Ever wonder where past champions go after the dance?

Well, seeing Malcom up there, one wondered what the onetime "Fastest Man on the Planet" was up to.

Out of it for almost a decade, he's married, 2 kids, playing golf, and seems to be just enjoying life. Not a lot noticed the intense burnout the guy put up with in the latter part of his career.

Looking around, low and behold, James has a podcast thing going, like, well, everyone else.

This one, number 5, of this year, kind of focuses on a wreck in the 250s. Most are calling a dirty pass on Christian Craig, the top runner in the 250 West series.
James calls if different.

But, deeper than that, is a look behind the public image of a past champion, where it gets a bit more, I dunno, real.

These podcasts are new, started this year, and James shows, as a rider, he was a master.

A public personality, well, let's just say, if you watch all of them, you see a guy learning.

https://youtu.be/4TcklT-ywFY

Re: AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

whatarush
Thx for the link. I miss him and Chad’s rivalry. It’s nice to see Malcolm running third in the season, only 20 points back

The season is looking good. I thought Sexton was going to do better then he has.

Tomac is looking really good after the testing they did between Rd1 & 2.

We have Rd 8 in Arlington, TX this weekend. Which will be the second Triple Crown of the season.

Re: AMA SUPERCROSS 2022

grado
Administrator
whatarush wrote
Thx for the link. I miss him and Chad’s rivalry. It’s nice to see Malcolm running third in the season, only 20 points back

The season is looking good. I thought Sexton was going to do better then he has.

Tomac is looking really good after the testing they did between Rd1 & 2.

We have Rd 8 in Arlington, TX this weekend. Which will be the second Triple Crown of the season.
ya, James was always an electrifying part of it.
Good to see him happy and healthy.

This one, Rd.8 Is live tonight on CNBC.  8:00 Pm EST.

It’s showtime between Tomac and Anderson.
12