AMA Supercross 2023

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

grado
whatarush wrote
I don’t have peacock. So I DVR them on Monday from CNBC. That last Rd was a crash fest. I’m starting to wonder if Sexton can get through a race without hitting the ground?
I’m with you on the record thing.
We have dish.  I just set it and record them.
Not the same as live but, beats a blank.
Same with motogp.

I just might buy the motogp package this year.
There are a few other sites that I’m on, where guys
post real time when MX/SX is live.  It’s enjoyable.

I tell you whatarush, myself and OldIron watched Daytona,
the car thing.  It’s pretty cool, adds another dimension to it
when there are others involved real time.

As far as Sexton, a lot of the great ones went thru crashitis
early on, or when they moved up a class.
Sexton, he’s the young guy, he’s not been in the 450 class
that long.  Imo, he will get over it, and barring anything really bad, is the next big thing.

Come to think of it, the only guy that never really got hurt,
was probably the best to date.
The only time I remember Jeremy McGrath missing a race was when he cut his foot pretty bad on a broken beer bottle at Lake Havasue.

And that was on a Tuesday partying.

Ya.  Jeremy. The King. Did it on talent pretty much.
It ain’t fair. That’s for sure. Some guys just have it.
He hated working out, training.
Look at the stats.  I think Tomac just hit 40.
And he’s getting ready to retire.

Some say McGraths record will never be broken.

Hell, for awhile there he took it mainstream.
I mean, nobody’s done that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBXzLmp-8ok

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady

And now, the only track that has run every year since the beginning of Supercross.  The fastest. The one most like pure motocross. The one that requires the teams to change up the bikes settings drastically.

Daytona.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCYUk2IdZU

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

Hey!Hey!Hey!

Indy shows……never say never!

Effin A.  Screw the man!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVxYSVxYx0

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

whatarush
That track was gnarly!!

Nice to see Roczen on the top step, I was just about as loud as the crowd cheering him on…..then we have Sexton hitting the dirt in the final again 😞

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady
whatarush wrote
That track was gnarly!!

Nice to see Roczen on the top step, I was just about as loud as the crowd cheering him on…..then we have Sexton hitting the dirt in the final again 😞
Agreed Roczen winning one is very cool whatarush.

And now, back on the farm, approaching the half way mark for the season, some extended highlights.
Because, well, there were a lot of them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qgQoWvAtbQ

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

whatarush
There was definitely a lot of highlights this rd. Plessinger’s toe grab was crazy! What was up with Deegan & Smith in the first heat race? Seeing teammates going at it like that is not good.

I thought that was Sexton’s first win this season. But when they said it was is second….I had forgotten that he won the first triple crown.

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady
whatarush wrote
There was definitely a lot of highlights this rd. Plessinger’s toe grab was crazy! What was up with Deegan & Smith in the first heat race? Seeing teammates going at it like that is not good.

I thought that was Sexton’s first win this season. But when they said it was is second….I had forgotten that he won the first triple crown.
He’s getting close.  Sexton.
The 64,000 dollar question is what happened to Tomac.

Lol…..yea, Deegan and Smith.  Entertaining for sure.😄

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady

Tomac The Beast returns.
Maybe seeing Webb with the red plate got to him…..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAczOEC0U8o

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady

I wonder…..do they both run the red plate at the next round?

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

whatarush
Good question….I thought it stayed the the rider from the previous rd

Man it looks like the leader in the main just can’t big it home without hitting the dirt.

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

Here we go guys.
Rd. 12.
Tomac seems to have got his footing back….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgDHXVmG-do

2 red plates.  Never saw that before.

Points Standings after 12 of 17 races in this years series.

It’s crunch time.

        Pts.
1 #1 Eli Tomac 274
2 #2 Cooper Webb 267
3 #23 Chase Sexton 249
4 #94 Ken Roczen 217
5 #51 Justin Barcia 216
6 #21 Jason Anderson 212
7 #7 Aaron Plessinger 196
8 #28 Christian Craig 150
9 #9 Adam Cianciarulo 139
10 #46 Justin Hill 127

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady

Rd. 13.  Atlanta.

Well into the series, this is the pinnacle of Supercross
at this point in time.
The Championship is still up for grabs.
Points are tight.
The riders are in race shape, the mechanics have the bikes
figured out pretty much as best as they will.
4 rounds to go.

Good to see Sexton and Honda finally get one!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeQ6i0LpmM&pp=ygUPU3ggYXRsYW50YSAyMDIz

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

motogrady
Rd. 14.

A seasoned rider grabs a win for the first time in 2 years.
Tomac extends his series lead just a bit, on a day Webb should have closed the gap.

Ahhhhh……the wet🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9MmI_SqVaM

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

grado
Administrator

Rd. 15.
The fat lady hasn’t sung yet, but is getting ready to.

Cooper Webb, The KTM Hope, almost has his head chopped off going for the title.
The only guy really with a chance to take the title from Tomac is done for this series.

Hopefully he buys a big bottle of aspirin, rests up, and shows at the Outdoor Nationals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUjEOTqgnD8&pp=ygUTU3VwZXJjcm9zcyAyMDIzIDQ1MA%3D%3D

Re: AMA Supercross 2023

grado
Administrator