AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Zarco looking confident.
Crossed-up coming off the curbing. I can feel that 'connectedness.'

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred
WOW! Rossi must have had his rabbit's foot in his pocket, how he managed to not be hit by either of those stray bikes is amazing!

Great performance(es) by Dovi.

I wonder if Miller could have won if he hadn't made that later soft tire decision.

Amazing performance by Rossi, despite nearly getting killed, despite being 41 years old, he makes 5th from 12th and is the first Yamaha home.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady

Holy crap.  Crash o rama.

Rossi, what can u say?  You know he was shook.
To put that away, get back on it, massive nerve.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Crash-O-Rama is right! Moto2 had its own horrifying red flag incident. When was the last time both GP and the middle class series had red flags in the same day?
I dunno mad4.  But that was a lot of crashing.

Sometimes it's easy to forget, how dangerous this stuff is.
I mean, we almost saw Rossi get killed.  He lucked out.

On a lighter note, one wonders if Dovi goes on a mission, to either save that ride, stick it to the man,
or just hit cruise control and call it a day.
He must be set, money wise, he's what, mid 30s?

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
That was a brutal meeting.

Moto3 was a true racing delight.

For Moto2 and MotoGP, I can't add anything to the shield of grace that was held over the track this weekend.

More than a few in the boxes, Crutchers for sure, had long, down-range looks in their eyes before the re-start.

As Dovi was saddling up to leave the pits, I had a feeling his body language and the actions of his team suggested he said he was going to puke.

And then he wins it.

Makes one wonder about the details of the contract dispute.

Technical direction?
Set-up desires?
Position of his official parking spot at the factory? (  )

A football writer I follow says when they say it's not about the money, it's about the money.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

That was a brutal meeting.

Moto3 was a true racing delight.

For Moto2 and MotoGP, I can't add anything to the shield of grace that was held over the track this weekend.

More than a few in the boxes, Crutchers for sure, had long, down-range looks in their eyes before the re-start.

As Dovi was saddling up to leave the pits, I had a feeling his body language and the actions of his team suggested he said he was going to puke.

And then he wins it.

Makes one wonder about the details of the contract dispute.

Technical direction?
Set-up desires?
Position of his official parking spot at the factory? (  )

A football writer I follow says when they say it's not about the money, it's about the money.
I just read somewhere they didn't even get to the money part.

It's stupid, imo, talking contract during the season.  Big distraction.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
All sides seek leverage in anxiety.

Commentary on Vale:

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/its-true-god-loves-valentino-rossi-more/

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Rossi’s bike was covered in the live blood of the whirling and twirling crashing Yamaha,,,,, yes,, God does love him more or it’s a Crossroads thing and the Beelzebub’s and Rossi agreement term is not up yet.

The look on Rossi’s face makes me think he may have seen one or both of the spirit leaders in that nanosecond.
WOW,, just Wow.

I’ve not seen Moto2 yet but it sounds like I may need a pace maker at the viewing.

Just when Dovi sticks it to the man,,, he shoves it in a bit further. I’m gonna miss him in Red.

He says he has enough money so skipping a year won’t hurt him. I wonder if that’s true?

I read Vinales had a slipping clutch after the 2nd start. I think he had the same problem last year at one race. Can’t remember which.

I’m glad Dovi pulled it through. I needed the points.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Lookin like a bit of bad blood a brewing.

Most racing I've been around, the guy that has the wheel is entitled to go where he may.
Not that you can just move over and run the guy behind you off the track.

Seems Zarco is getting the blame.

Thoughts on this one?

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/151470/morbidelli-someone-needs-to-pay-for-austria-shunt

https://youtu.be/ra07e_FqxGI

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

I don't think Zarco intended to collide with Franco, but he didn't factor in how his slipstream could suck his opponent's bike in enough so that he couldn't stop when Zarc brake checked him into the corner. Rossi is right that the riders should be more thoughtful of these effects and modify their riding to give more room.
Was there a true brake check?

I get this feeling that Zarco didn't have the control he wanted or expected in that moment. After making the inside move and pass, it seems as if he couldn't pull it back to the left. Maybe his data shows he rolls off a bit to gather some time and space back to get headed downtrack instead of into the gravel. This invites Morbidelli's Yamaha decisively into Zarco's slipstream.

My long-winded point being - do these downforce aero fairings reduce machine mobility at high speed? Was Zarco's Yamaha so planted he couldn't turn it?

I don't think Zarco was grossly wrong in this case, or in his previous instances. I don't think he exhibited a blatant desire to physically abuse another rider in the manner of, say, Danny Eslick's decade-old, on-track attacks of Josh Herrin.

Yes, yes, yes; Zarco seems to put himself into situations that are right on the knife edge of 'racing incidents.'

Here, at Austin, when he punted Rossi.
His appetite might be large than his spoon, and that does make him a danger.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady

Man, I dunno guys.

One thing for sure, Morbidelli ran straight into the back of Zarco.

Is it's Zarco's responsibility to not make that pass because it will make it difficult for Morbidelli to stop in time?

Or is it Morbidelli that should know, at that speed, he needs to give it up, get on the brakes big, when a guy jumps in front of you like Zarco did.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

whatarush
Of course we have to bear in mind that at that point in the track they are braking from around 200mph to 40 or 50mph uphill while still cranked over to the left from the previous kink and trying to set up the corner entry, while trying to out brake each other - shit load of stuff going on there, it’s never as straightforward as it looks on the TV to us armchair experts.

It is the following persons responsibility to not make contact with the person in front. Too much hate for Zarco for many to realize that unfortunately. Hell we got Rossi (King Of The Block Pass) saying that what Zarco did is wrong and Zarco has no respect for other riders....Like he said about Marc time after time after time.

You know why Zarco hasn’t been sanctioned by race control? Well it’s pretty simple, he did nothing wrong..

And in fairness, nor was Franco. Why, god damn racing incident! Shit can go south pretty quick at 200mph!

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
whatarush wrote
[...]

I have to agree, whatarush. I have to agree.

Welcome!

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

It looks like there may be some more to come of the incident. Thursday there is a meeting at the track with race direction.

Zarco is having surgery Wednesday on a fractured wrist. He thinks he will be able to race.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/942586/1/surgery-zarco-after-austrian-accident?amp

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

It looks like there may be some more to come of the incident. Thursday there is a meeting at the track with race direction.

Zarco is having surgery Wednesday on a fractured wrist. He thinks he will be able to race.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/942586/1/surgery-zarco-after-austrian-accident?amp
Huh.   Zarco might be out this weekend.  I wonder how MM is doing.  3 weeks to the next event.

Huh.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

whatarush
I have to agree, whatarush. I have to agree.

Welcome!

Thank you. I've missed Allreds post.  I'm glad Grady posted on another fourm that lead me to here.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

whatarush wrote
oldironnow wrote
I have to agree, whatarush. I have to agree.

Welcome!
Thank you. I've missed Allreds post.  I'm glad Grady posted on another fourm that lead me to here.

Dave??