Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

Mad4TheCrest
Hey Gang,

Polly emailed that she will be needing to sell his pristine Nighthawk soon, and she asked if we could advise her on a reasonable price to ask.

I would buy it but it would be a race between my wife and Allred's ghost to see who killed me first.

But I am thinking that if one of our members wanted to buy it the rest of us could each contribute a little to give Polly a little extra while still keeping the cost to the member that buys it at reasonable market value.  (Oldiron, I am thinking about you being so close).

A quick check of the interweb indicates a range of 1200 to 2500, with most falling between 1500 and 2100. But it seems to too little for that cherry bike.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

motogrady

1500 to 2500 is realistic if you wanna move it.
I noticed one on Clist last week the guy was asking 3500.
And it wasn't as nice as Allreds. Reality is, it's not selling at 35.

I just bought an 82 450 Suzuki gs.   And still have 2 cb 750s.  I've got a few things going in me head on with what to do.   I don't need to sell any of them.  But feel like I need a smaller, lighter bike.  Hence the 450.  And I don't want to end up with 10 bikes sitting around.

But, I've got this crazy idea that I can't seem to shake.

What if a guy that lived in a rural area, with a lot of good riding roads for street bikes,
rented motorcycles for the day?  Or held tours?

10 bikes, rented at let's say, 150 to 200 per day, or tour, do that 1 or 2 days a week,
well, do the math.

I dunno.  That bike is 3000 miles from me.
Put me in for 100 if it will help.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

Grady stepping up,, A greater man the world has never known.

ahem,, I just sold my sportster and the Road Glide is on the sales floor so like a tongue pokes around in that empty spot where a tooth was pulled I have been poking around Craigslist and Marketplace looking for something to fill that spot. Something older but new to my V-twin life. Something that isn't a pile of chopped up "cafe" or been leaning against a shed under a tarp for three years but "ran when parked"

If the west coast folks want to pass and and Polly is willing to help assist HaulBikes when it's picked up I would like to be thrown in the hat as a potential rider of Allreds bike.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

oldironnow
I have to be counted in, if only to facilitate the transfer, if only to be part of something so honorific.

My hovel is beyond full, and I am horrible with cosmetic care. I fear - no - I know I would slowly, accidentally, spastically deconstruct such a perfect motorcycle. And, I have 10 motorcycles....

YET,

If push comes to shove,

I'm in for $3500.

Not so much as to need it, as referenced above, but to push the price and deal with the costs later as the Allred Nighthawk finds it way.

Feel me? Let's talk further.

Feel me? Let's talk further.
That would be a generous offer for Polly, OldIron. I am willing to pitch in $200 to aid the effort if it goes forward.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

oldironnow wrote

Feel me? Let's talk further.
No need. It makes more since for someone close to be the next rider. Makes it easier for Polly for sure.
She wouldn't have to see the bike that her husband cared for and took such good care of being loaded up and hauled away by some faceless bike hauling company.
Might do her some good to meet the next caregiver of a fine machine.

I would like a chance to own it before you deconstruct it.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

oldironnow
Fatfatboy wrote
oldironnow wrote

Feel me? Let's talk further.
No need. It makes more since for someone close to be the next rider. Makes it easier for Polly for sure.
She wouldn't have to see the bike that her husband cared for and took such good care of being loaded up and hauled away by some faceless bike hauling company.
Might do her some good to meet the next caregiver of a fine machine.

I would like a chance to own it before you deconstruct it.

That would make me happy.

Let's start this process.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

motogrady

Here it is.
Glen had it up in the what did you do to your bike today thread.

Tell me Craig Vetter didn't have it goin on back in '73.

Re: Allred's Nighthawk to be sold

oldironnow wrote
... Let's start this process.
I just sent you an email to what I have "on file" as your email. If you agree I will introduce you to Polly and you can take it from there. Remember to let me chip in a little to help! (no strings attached 😊).