Allred

12

Allred

motogrady

I sent an email off to our friend Glenn, aka Allred.
His wife Polly replied he's got Covid.
And it doesn't look good.

If anyone wants to send him an email get me at motogrady@yahoo.com.
I'll send you his email address.

Hellovagood guy right there.......come on Glenn!

Re: Allred

Fatfatboy
Oh, damn it. I thought he was out for holiday travels.
I hate this but thank you for letting us know.
He will be in my prayers and I will email him.

Re: Allred

Mad4TheCrest
Terrible news, just terrible. Having just come through cancer surgery, and I imagine follow-up treatment that might have lowered his immune system, COVID was a danger. But I have hope. I met and shared a few beers with Allred and he's a tough cookie. If anyone can beat that virus, he can.

Re: Allred

m143
That's terrible news.

Re: Allred

oldironnow
I despise this year.

Allred - the champion motorcyclist of the years and an inspiration to all who ride!

Come on man!

So many need your light!

Re: Allred

hacksaw
Prayers for Alred. Keep it going buddy!

Re: Allred

motogrady

Well he's still alive guys.  Thank God.

I got word from his wife Polly.  He's been in the hospital for 18 days.  On a ventilator for 12.  They have him in an induced coma. He has had issues with blood clots in a leg, they had to operate but saved it.

The doctors are gonna take him off the ventilator in a few days and see how he does.

Hopefully the thoughts and prayers have helped, keep them coming.

And maybe put in a word for his wife Polly.
I'm sure she could use a hand also.

I'll pass on anything I hear........later guys.

Re: Allred

Mad4TheCrest
Thanks, MG. I heard from Polly this morning as well. I think it's encouraging they think he is stable enough to try coming off the ventilator. Our buddy Allred is tough and I am hoping for a good outcome.

Re: Allred

Fatfatboy
Thank you, Rich for reaching out to her and letting us know our buddy is still fighting. Allred is needed on this rock.
Prayers for both going up to the heavens.

In the words of Walt,, “Allred rules!”

Re: Allred

Smoke-dog
Come on Allred, you got this buddy!!!

Re: Allred

oldironnow
Cheering for Allred and Polly!
Let them know!

I'm likely the closest - If they need any-thing or any-help, tell me.

Re: Allred

hacksaw
hope abounds. i hear biden finally is letting that medicine loose than can help these cases. why they hoarded it , i bet is criminal. but lets get our old friend here the care he needs to get well.

Re: Allred

Mad4TheCrest
hacksaw wrote
hope abounds. i hear biden finally is letting that medicine loose than can help these cases. why they hoarded it , i bet is criminal. but lets get our old friend here the care he needs to get well.
I have not heard of any hoarding of drugs, but you might be thinking of the new Merck and Pfizer antivirals that have just been authorized and the fact they won't be readily available until mid-Jan.

California hospitals are pretty good in treating COVID, and I am confident Allred is getting the best treatment available - at least the best available to us non-billionaires.

At his current state of the disease, the virus is usually gone  but the hyper immune response of his body triggered by the virus is still damaging his lungs and perhaps other organs. Most likely he's getting systemic steroids to dampen that harmful response. They are pretty effective, and I am betting on them combined with Allred's grit to pull him through this.

Re: Allred Update

Mad4TheCrest
I received an email update from Polly today. Allred is still fighting with ups and downs, but he's holding his own. Polly has family there with her but greatly appreciates the offers of help from the forum.

Re: Allred Update

motogrady
Mad4TheCrest wrote
I received an email update from Polly today. Allred is still fighting with ups and downs, but he's holding his own. Polly has family there with her but greatly appreciates the offers of help from the forum.
Thanks Mad4.

Re: Allred Update

Fatfatboy
Thank you for keeping us updated.

Re: Allred

He’s still fighting.

Polly emailed this morning.
He’s still on the ventilator.
But he’s moved from real bad to bad.
No more blood clots. That’s real good.

At least he’s showing improvement.

Re: Allred

oldironnow
Thank you for some good news.

Re: Allred

That's encouraging news, thanks for sharing.

Re: Allred

T-34
Casey here, Doughboy aka T-34. I wish Mr.Allred a recovery. You've been pretty red before. Get more redder.

Casey.
12