Best moto tire pressure gauge?

hacksaw
I have a variety of cheap ass junk gauges to try and fit around spokes and brake discs . Seems every wheel on every bike has something different in the way .
My back tells me they are also inaccurate !

What are you folks using?
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

I'm using two sizes of el cheapo gauges. One about 2" and another standard size.

At one time I spent $40+ on one like Mr. Crest posted, this was before Amazon, but it broke so I went back to the el cheapo's in the drawer. I've had the same el cheapo's for at least 10-15 years.
Does it really matter if the fat balloon tires are off 2 pounds?

Yes it does actually. How do u know it’s off2 lbs? I am thinking 5

Looks good
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

whatarush
I use a Slime and JACO gauges. The Slime is for bikes with tight storage. My analog JACO ones goes in the top case/side bags. The glow in the dark reading is a nice upgrade. My digital JACO is my tire changer gauge.
All three are spot on.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

motogrady

AutoZone.  About 30 bucks.  As long as the head is offset, and there is a button that clears the gauge to zero, after I pull it off the valve stem to look at it, I'm good.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

which one is which?
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

hacksaw
i think i saw that at auto zone, i liked it but i was afraid it wouldn't clear the brake disk on the rear of my fatboy.

which is why i started
 this thread
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

motogrady

Those pics are the same gauge. Why it left the small one when I clicked to enlarge who knows.

Ya, for me it’s the dual discs on the front of my 79 SS that
can be hard to get to.

Almost got that green digital one that whatarush has up.
It’s offset on the end. But the battery thing, I dunno, I just am trying to simplify.  One less thing to figure out when the screen goes blank.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

whatarush

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

motogrady
If I would have know that rush, I just might have gone with that one.

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

As to - does a couple of psi making a difference. Yes It Does!
Our Jeep tire warning lite went on. Max psi is supposed to be 35. So I get them all to 34psi with my cheepo gauges.
Lite still on. Hours of reading the www. Trying to find physically sone non existent reset button. Owners manual nada.
My wife goes to the gas station and brings each tire to 35.
Light goes out .
An accurate gauge for an accurate life!
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

An accurate gauge for an accurate life!

Re: Best moto tire pressure gauge?

hacksaw
This is what I ended up with .

Lo brow  customs but certainly they are branded to fit the customer .
I can’t recall now but it was about 50 bucks or so
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.