Between the Edges

Re: Between the Edges

hacksaw
yes! i actually used to follow joey. and his family. sadly.

Re: Between the Edges

Re: Between the Edges

Add a sad portent: just in the news that Irish road racing, including the famous NW 200, may be canceled in 2023 due to a tripling in insurance costs.

My thoughts are this was inevitable, but depressingly sad nonetheless.
Ya, I saw that.

Thoughts are they might try to charge spectators.
How you’re gonna charge a guy that is just standing on the side of the road, who knows.

It’s a very dangerous game for sure.
I think 6 guys were killed at last years Isle of Mann.
I mean, wtf.

Re: Between the Edges

Re: Between the Edges

It’s not over yet. Some clubs have jumped in to help but there is still a short fall.
Talk of crowd funding sounds acceptable.

https://www.autosport.com/roadracing/news/rescue-package-being-worked-on-to-save-northern-irish-road-racing-in-2023/10430378/#:~:text=On%20Thursday%2C%20the%20MCUI%20released,due%20to%20spiralling%20insurance%20costs.