Boneless Duc

Meet the new Ducati Monster that replaces the 821. The big change this year is the lack of the historical trellis frame being a biggie.
The new aluminum frame is a stress member designed off of the Panigale.
The loss of the trellis frame gives the bike a lower and narrower saddle, good for us short legged folks, with a stock seat height of 32.3". There is a lower seat option that brings it down to 31.5" and yet another spring option that brings down even further to 30.5" Now we're talking fitment.

The bike is also 40 pounds lighter. Some of that weight loss is out of the motor, lighter wheels, a new aluminum swing arm and a fiber/poly subframe.
Another change is the neck angle has been increased by 7 degrees that is suppose to help with low speed maneuverability.

The bars are almost three inches closer and more upright to give less weight on the wrist and the pegs are a bit lower to help with the cramped position. Sounds like the bike is leaning more to the aged. Kinda like growing up with us as well as reaching out to newer riders, hopefully.

It's also going to have an extra 116cc's with a claim of 113 HP. The bike also has the techy adjustable controls of wheelie control, three different modes and traction control.

All in all in looks to be a much better design with the capability of reaching out to a bigger selection of riders. The only downfall I see to all this goodness is that we will no longer see the gorgeous trellis frame that we love so much.

Re: Boneless Duc

oldironnow
Anorexic!
But, I will have to see this.

Thanks FFB!

Re: Boneless Duc

Anorexic fits.

Re: Boneless Duc

hacksaw
trellis frame is beautiful. the new one may as well be a jap bike. another blacked out ugly thing they try and save with red wheels.
buell ruined his bikes getting away from the trellis frame. and we see what happened to buell after that.
this is not my ducati.

Re: Boneless Duc

hacksaw
and the pannigale is even uglier than this bike.

Re: Boneless Duc

and without the dry clutch sound what’s the point?

Other than speed and comfort that is.
😀

Re: Boneless Duc

oldironnow
I hope Ducati someday rolls out a late model engine in a pure homage to the 851.

Re: Boneless Duc

and without the dry clutch sound what’s the point?
Yeah, wasn't it Robert Duvall who said........"I love the sound of a rattling dry Ducati clutch in the morning!"

Re: Boneless Duc

motogrady
Allred wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
and without the dry clutch sound what’s the point?
Yeah, wasn't it Robert Duvall who said........"I love the sound of a rattling dry Ducati clutch in the morning!"

.
😄

Re: Boneless Duc

Re: Boneless Duc

hacksaw
its ugly and ducati gave in to the euro bullshit look.
now when one rides by , to paraphrase the old superman tv show, is it a KTM? a BMW? a Qianjiang?
hopefully it can leap tall buildings at a single bound.
because even if its faster than a speeding bullet , and hopefully it is so it flys by w/o being seen, its ugly.

oh wait? lets put red wheels on it because we are ducati! LMFAO!

clutch rattle. how many of you guys ride around with the clutch perch in?

remember , Buell tanked when eric ditched the trellis. and rightfully so. hopefully ducati will keep a trellis framed bike somewhere in its line up.
buy your trellis framed monsters now. they will become cult classics.