Buell Back?

Re: Buell Back?

grado
Administrator
If I remember correctly, it was Hero that bought the intellectual property.
HD had been out of it for awhile.
The guy from Jersey that had a light fixture manufacturing business tried buying the rest at the auction.
He had the winning bid.
But that was overturned, and the scrap guy, Liquid Asset Partners won out.
But, all they got was the latest models, the 1190s, and the machinery to make them.
Which, LAP sold off piece by piece, about a year later.

Seems to me, Hero would still own all the intellectual stuff pre 1190.  They held up the auction claiming
a few bikes and stuff was theirs, which I think they took, claiming they had already paid for those items.

And LAP, one would think, still has the rest.
Tho not huge, LAP, a salvage/scrap dealer, I think was a multi million dollar company.

Re: Buell Back?

whatarush
Buell’s new Super Cruiser designed by RSD. Apparently it is still a concept, but will be production ready by 2025 and Buell is currently taking pre-order deposits on its website.

IMO it is hideous.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2023/02/article/buell-release-super-cruiser-with-rsd/

Re: Buell Back?

hacksaw
i hear Roland has left this project?
not that i would blame him.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Buell Back?

hacksaw wrote
i hear Roland has left this project?
Do you got a source on this? I'm just curious.

Re: Buell Back?

hacksaw wrote
i hear Roland has left this project?
Do you got a source on this? I'm just curious.
It’s still on his website.
He has a phone number all the way at the bottom.
(He sells a lot of stuff!)

https://rolandsands.com/

Re: Buell Back?

I emailed today to inquire about seat height. They replied back and said the expected seat height is 29”.
I’m considering dropping my measly $50 deposit if for no other reason to have a place holder just in case.
And to have something to look forward too in 2025.

Re: Buell Back?

https://youtu.be/ATl2aPVabzE

Re: Buell Back?

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/253912/896164.html?1677879660

3 or 4 posts down..hotbike link has a pretty good review.

Re: Buell Back?

monkeyshines
Cool bike, seating position is harsh on these club bikes.
The sport tourer looks way better than the earlier bike they showed.

Re: Buell Back?

sorry i didn't save it.
it was in one of the moto news letters i get. it didn't go into great detail just made it sound like rowland had other interests rather then deal with buell.

the whole thing is an abortion anyway. anybody with even small knowledge can hav an FXR built out.
read any hot bike magazine from the 90's.
its old news. this is just getting you high rollers to pay for a name. or in this case 2 names.
no body in the every day custom bike world even is talking about this.
except what i already reported.

save your 50 bucks. some kid in ukraine could use a bowl of soup.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Buell Back?

at least we know where all the buell blast swingarms went.
what mismatched eyesore that bike is.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Buell Back?

club bikes? lol. outside of SAMCRO i never saw a club run bikes like this.
mostly big ass baggers. which i dont care for either.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Buell Back?

The pluses to this bike vs a FXR is better suspension, reliable and more horsepower, more torque and better brakes out of the box.

The Buell has 185 hp and 138 ft.lbs torque. I’m not sure you can get that out of an evo and if you can how much reliability will you have?
After buying a FXR and giving it all you can to match the performance of the Buell to the best of its ability you’re going to spend more than the Buell is going cost. Word is around $20k.

I’m not a fan of the whole club thing with the height T bars but new bars are an easy change. I typically change bars on every Harley I buy so this is pretty much the same.
Harley’s new trilogy to the FXRT is the same set up. High T bars.
I really like that bike but it’s $35k out the door and ugly colors. The cool red one is $40k plus. Crazy man. Just crazy.

It would be much cooler and meaningful to build my own FXR but I don’t have that kind of time.
If I started now it wouldn’t even be done by the time Buell’s FXR comes out in 2025, if it really does.

Now if I could find a nice FXR3 I might forget this whole Buell bike all together.

Re: Buell Back?

hacksaw
well i disagree.

u have no idea about this "buell" reliability.
and if you plan on using 185hp then u best hope there
 is a buell dealer with a good shop near you.

i just dont understand this whole buell fascination thing. they guy is a creep.
it wasnt that long ago there was a big hype over his sport bike he was selling after departing from HD.
those have lost considerable market value.

msrp 20 grand? you are dreaming.
i will admit the original "tuber" Buells had some appeal. and if you like these fuel in buell later models , god bless you.
but this bike is a freaking con.

i am just not into the egotist .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Buell Back?

monkeyshines
Bill Melvin owns Buell Motorcycle Company, Eric isn’t involved.

Bike sounds wicked!

Re: Buell Back?

motogrady

The last I heard Eric was working at an electric bicycle manufacturer, engineering.

Re: Buell Back?

monkeyshines wrote

Bike sounds wicked!
It sure does. I don't think RSD would make a quiet pipe. I thinking the factory made pipe will be much quieter,,, and larger.
Hopefully they use the same header and then provide a slip-on once it's out the door.

Re: Buell Back?

hacksaw
dream on fat2
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.