Buell Hammerhead

Fatfatboy
Buell’s new Hammerhead.

Still using the same Rotex motor but new body work.
Good looking bike with a cool name.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/528681/buell-hammerhead1190rx-launching-soon/amp/

The track in the video is a snake pit.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

Allred
Always good to see a new model, and good to see that Erik is still alive and kicking.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

Mad4TheCrest
"...good to see that Erik is still alive and kicking..."

He is, but not in this project. He is not associated with this Buell reboot in any way, more's the pity.

Erik is working on small electric bikes under the Fuell brand.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

Fatfatboy wrote

The track in the video is a snake pit.
Can't tell the track from the slip road at the end.

That's a nice look, with the new bodywork.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

motogrady

Ya, it was in and ad or small story on one of the Motogp sites last week.
Noticed it then, thinking for sure a good looking bike.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

oldironnow wrote
Can't tell the track from the slip road at the end.

 Poking around I found out it's Grattain Raceway in Belding Michigan. About 40 minutes north east of the Buell factory in Grand Rapids.

Re: Buell Hammerhead

Re: Buell Hammerhead

oldironnow wrote
... That's a nice look, with the new bodywork.
I wouldn't have thought that adding slits like Sharks gills to the fairing would change the look that much, but it does. Other than that I don't see any difference and mechanically the bike is the same as the last EBR 1190RX from 2016. It will be tough to sell these at a price that will profit the company. That said, the black/red versions are stunning lookers, and 185 ponies 101 ft-lbs of torque are still superb numbers.