Buell

hacksaw
  Black is the ugliest Buell but as prices plummet for these ,
They make  great donors for chopping.
Somebody used to make a “chopper style” frame for these .
As Buell went belly up I guess the demand died for chop Buells. But I bet I top craftsmen could use the stock Buell neck and motor carriage to turn out a chopper frame .
Imagine the Buell motor , front end and wheels wiukd be pretty slick . Slice a softail on it! Lol!
Stuff like this and slender blondes makes me wish I was younger. Lol,

http://smtp2.nationalpowersports.net/ls/click?upn=GL718xPbStKVvKXqKorNrwDR5qAn0pUPeKHqg9Iom5kzbZn3gddB5MWTZ4Bya9FfqfgpjA36dM-2BhR9FKy3UlYJyEDCRFQ1eYvg2pgYS4j3E-3DHX7M_RklmwU-2F30PhK9j8MrV2qlcmRcbLOxObdeCcBxNgsNu2K77oN5f6FHjnUFXWFP3R8HxDrTfQEOmSwQebG3lkMCAjvD97t-2FsOHYMotPEjOLaJtyHGaFRTFqHc9ijkAta7IMH43EqpOWujjbpBVpBGSkbdKEVFUoVzgg1PZ0LxyoICWoUAukG6CNJTclIBbcQs83TnldVm25Vi8zizrTxhbdg-3D-3D

Re: Buell

There is still several custom shops making the frames. Led Sled, Bitter End, L and L choppers as well as Voodoo Vintage who makes a frame less head stock so you can weld the Buell head on and retain the VIN. No messing around with Da Man there.

I don't know of a softail version but there are softail frames for sportster motors that I'm sure could be made to except the Buell plant i ones back or backside would require some spring in the back.
Personally a rigid would be first choice. Just a much cleaner look and more true to the breed.

Re: Buell

That's a good idea!

It gets you into your desired Sportster date range, at least regarding the engine.
And it's not a hard-mount frame, but at least the isolastic mounts come with a lighter frame - which you're going to chop anyway.

I say go for it.

Re: Buell

motogrady

Man I had a guy offer me a buell rolling frame for free awhile back.
Told me it had everything but the motor.
Was so busy I forgot all about it.

Re: Buell

hacksaw
Free w/ title ?

Re: Buell

motogrady
Title I don’t know.
It never got that far.

Re: Buell

hacksaw
As to led sled . The guy whom chopped  our bsa frame was given a ledsled rigid sporty frame to fix for a customer. He told me the frame was so far out that building a new frame would have been easier .
These other shops , idk . But I do suspect they are made for sportster donor bikes and would require  some mods for Buell.
A frame made specific for Buell should have Buell motor mounts and would fit stock  Buell stuff such as front end and wheels .