Buellagain

No,, not the CW member from years gone by. Buell is going to make a go at it,,,, again. Gotta love their "knock the dust off and get up again" spirit.

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2021/02/18/manufacturers/buell/buell-is-back/

This time they plan to have more than just sport bikes. Their plan is to have dirt, dual sport, tours and cruisers. I guess they are going to take on Polaris first.
Also have an e-bike in the works.
Supposed to have 10 bikes launched by 2024. I would love to see it happen but I really have to wonder who will help fund this? I hope not pre-orders because I don't see enough people backing this one.
Maybe I have to much Show Me in my blood.

Re: Buellagain

m143
Good news

Re: Buellagain

Allred
Wow, pretty amazing in the current economic climate.

Time will tell.

Re: Buellagain

Re: Buellagain

I commented on this over in the 'News' section.
Sorry Mad, I didn't see your post.

Harley will probably buy it for 123.5 million and then sell it back two years later for a dollar five.
Their smart like that.

Re: Buellagain

Re: Buellagain

The 1190 Super Tour img from Buell website.

The accessory package for the 1190sx available 2021.
The Super Tour available 2023.

With the announcement of the revamping of Buell I wonder if the old 1190's will come up in value.
Awhile back I was seeing them for sale for as low as $5,500.00 several times.
I was temped but be leery of a purchase because of lake of parts availability concerns.

Re: Buellagain

motogrady
Lookin over the Buell website, I came to realize, there are a few guys that really never stopped running
the Buell.  Apparently, they have been running the IOMM.  And a pretty big event in, of all places, China.   Been going there for years.

Anyway, this past year, after losing their top guy to Yamaha, they got Shelina Moreda to run their bike at the China event.  Ya, Shelina Moreda.  The Cover Girl model. The second pic in Allreds Women and Motorcycles thread. The girl that did that GoPro commercial a few years back.

https://youtu.be/i6WYqjMdIMc

Anyway, it's a pretty good read.  The guys over at Buell, thinking outside the box...

https://www.buellmotorcycle.com/post/shelina-moreda-s-amazing-race-adventure

Re: Buellagain

Great read. Thanks for sharing that.

Re: Buellagain

Allred wrote
Wow, pretty amazing in the current economic climate.

Time will tell.

.
I feel the same.

I guess they feel the time is right to see if the top-tier spenders want to take a shot at their exotic product.

Except for the one I ride, I'm over Buell, it's inherent weirdness, and the drama of the brand.

The American Hesketh.

Okay - unfair. The Buell does work.

Re: Buellagain

Hesketh,,,, I had to look that one up.
I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=TLGGaiE7JBhyQfsyMTAyMjAyMQ&v=GkgqD3fPrJE&feature=emb_logo

Re: Buellagain

An email from Erik Buell about the going’s on.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/erik-buell-sets-the-record-straight/