CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

I think the artsie fartsie was a lesbian

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
He sold a beautiful moto Guzzi while on CW and I could have bought his Indian for 10k!!
I was having a new baby coming home at the time so I didn’t follow up . But damn what a deal !!!!!!
Wow.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

The artsy fartsy was a male.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

grado
hacksaw wrote
Actually the lost von Dutch story on cw archives is lost as well. Maybe not lost but unceremoniously ended .
The last installment is sept 2009 part 4
The bike is still apart .
When did Edwards suffer the coup that led to his dismissal?
Here is part 3

https://www.cycleworld.com/2009/08/01/the-lost-von-dutch-pt-3/

Calling fat 2!
You got the first issue of bike craft magazine?
Maybe Edwards continued the story as editor of bike craft?
I would ask him myself but I just gave Edwards and Barnet a hard time on bikexit (or one of these news letters) about my never getting the bike craft magazine or a refund.
Only last week .

I gave you a thumbs up there.

There's a link to Part 4.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2009/09/21/the-lost-von-dutch-pt-4/
I sent Dave Edwards an email, he got back to me today.
Said to tell all the guys from the old CWFourm
hi, that they’re a good bunch.

He’s got a gig at AMCS’s Antique Motorcycle ,
I think it’s a magazine.

The Von Dutch, his Ariel 4, and a Vintage Indian are in limbo.  He said in the email, with the New Year has come a sort of renewed interest to make them happen.

Makes me feel a bit better with the ones I have laying around………

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

oldironnow
Hi to Dave!

UE was a great writer.
I really admired his chops.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

It’s AMCA
Antique  Motorcycle Club of America

The Antique Motorcycle is the clubs magazine.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Thanks Kieth for following up with him.
Best wishes for the von Dutch. I’d like to see that one finished.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
It was grado