Clean triumph

hacksaw
https://www.bikebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Triumph-TR6R-Sled-1.jpg

Not sure about the bend in the pipe

Re: Clean triumph

m143
That front brake means there is no stopping it.

Re: Clean triumph

hacksaw
Wrong.

Re: Clean triumph

The article says they’re of the type ‘Bud Ekins 141 pipes’.

Seems to me they fit the design brief without exiting under the seat. They’re out of the way of ground damage. Balanced physical and visual weight. The shape is the price of handling the desert.

Could they have a different bend in the middle?
I’d like to see an exploration of that.
Maybe sweep up off the cases like they’ve done, and then keep going up but slowly lay it down to finish flat, somewhere mid-upper shock area.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Clean triumph

motogrady

That’s a good looking bike.

The front stopper looks like it’s a double link, whatever they call it, it has to work better than a standard drum. The air scoop might be a bit much, unless he’s really gonna push it in, I dunno, super moto or some kind of tight road, asphalt track.
Scuff those shoes up with a file now and then, maybe a few diagonal grooves cut in to help water run off, they be fine.
Not as good as disc but hey, who here uses the front stopper to 100% of its potential anyway.

As for the pipe, to me, it looks like without that middle bend it would be burning a guys in side calf and ankle it it wasn’t there.

“Yeah….it runs good open like that but for f:;ks sake it’s burning my leg!”

“What you want us to do?”

“I dunno, bend it again in the middle or something, ‘cause I ain’t riding it like that again.”

Re: Clean triumph

Triumph has that brake scoop at least since the TLS brake came out in “68.
Remember Triumph did a lot of racing and the scoop did in fact help keep brakes cooler ,

Well of course the bike is built supposedly for desert use , so I guess performance over looks could be a factor .
Myself I would opt for both pipes on tge other side . But I certainly won’t argue with bud ekins

Re: Clean triumph

hacksaw wrote
Wrong.
The comical hub TLS brake was not an improvement over the '68 vented TLS.

The levers are too short, and the cable that actuated the rear shoe lacked the levers that made the original TLS so effective.

Re: Clean triumph

hacksaw
Actually there are longer arms available that put more leverage on the 71-72 shoes. The front 68 tls was revised for  69 to Reposition the cable to provide a more direct pull on the shoes. It was definitely better than the 68 version.
I would put the 71 up against the 68 . With the longer arms the 71 works ok. I have never ridden the modified 71 back to back with a 69 so I can’t say .
I really don’t think the 68 was great but it was better than the single activation brake for sure.

Re: Clean triumph

“Yeah….it runs good open like that but for f:;ks sake it’s burning my leg!”

“What you want us to do?”

“I dunno, bend it again in the middle or something, ‘cause I ain’t riding it like that again.”
😂
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.