Considerations.

Re: Considerations.

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
apparently most of that fire bike looks intact. if it has a title 1500 is not a bad start for negotiation. looks like the tires are still inflated.

I agree.
The listing says a new wiring loom is needed.
Maybe yes, maybe no….
But does seem like it would be a good basis for a custom Guzzi or maybe a Morgan !

That black Guzzi really looks good

Re: Considerations.

hacksaw
It does look good. I want it! Lol.
I can’t justify buying it as I have been looking at smaller ktm’s and RE 350’s.
But I am going at some point to the Guzzi dealer whom is like an hour away . I have to at least see if I can get my leg over a Stone.
Nicely proportioned motorcycle.
Msrp a hair below 10k.
If I sold much of my projects I could get one.

I am sure the fire bike indeed needs a new loom. Minimum. Lol. But the hard parts look ok .

Re: Considerations.

I think a Morgan is a great idea!

oldironnow wrote
Maybe yes, maybe no….
But does seem like it would be a good basis for a custom Guzzi or maybe a Morgan !

Re: Considerations.

Mmmm,,, Moto Guzzi Morgan. Has a nice ring to it.
Oh to be retired with a nice garage.

That black Stone Special looks manifico.

This Corsa 850 looks fun too.

I’m not looking to buy new. I just don’t hold on to them long enough.

Re: Considerations.

Where do U get the rest of the Morgan? Lol!

Re: Considerations.

I don’t like the headlight and it doesn’t look like an easy modification to attend to it with the fairing.
Now I notice the black special seems to have that same headlite. I have see specials that have a normal headlite .
Intersting

Re: Considerations.

hacksaw
Ok the special has a normal headlight

Whst I don’t understand is why all Stones have a flat black rear fender . On the special the side covers are color coordinated, but the rear fender is left jive.
Hard to tell in pictures of the black ones, but why the cheap out with the fender?

Re: Considerations.

I did find a red special on the www with a red rear fender but I get invalid file type .
But all the rest I have seen sport a flat black rear fender.
I don’t understand this cheap out

Re: Considerations.

Re: Considerations.

 The blue looks good on that bike. Would look better with a blue rear fender.

Re: Considerations.

hacksaw
I think the blue is 2022 model .
I just don’t understand the black rear fender .

Re: Considerations.

hacksaw wrote
But I am going at some point to the Guzzi dealer whom is like an hour away . I have to at least see if I can get my leg over a Stone.
I’d like to hear your take on it if you can get by there.
There is a Guzzi dealer in Chicago, which is the closest to me, that has some Stones on the floor.

Maybe when it gets cooler outside I may take a trip up to check them out myself.

Re: Considerations.

hacksaw
I will certainly try.