Could Yamaha be holding out on Rossi?

Today we experienced Rossi finishing way in the back once again this year.  In the research I’ve done I see that Rossi hasn’t slowed down but the other riders have gotten faster.
Why hasn’t Rossi?
Is it he just can’t or is Yamaha holding out?

Next year Rossi’s team VR46 will be racing with Ducati’s so I am wondering if Yamaha may be holding out information that would give VR46 an edge next year that Yamaha doesn’t want them to have especially since there will be so many more Ducati’s on the grid.

Re: Could Yamaha be holding out on Rossi?

Allred
Good point......even in a recent video Rossi himself admitted that he isn't quite sure why he is so uncompetitive. I forget his exact words but he basically said that he knows he is far from competitive and it seems like some sort of mystery as to the real reason why.  I think he knows that his ability hasn't deteriorated that rapidly, and conversely the abilities of the other riders hasn't improved that rapidly either..........indicating there must be another reason.

Re: Could Yamaha be holding out on Rossi?

Re: Could Yamaha be holding out on Rossi?

oldironnow
Interesting.

I've suggested as much in the past *cough Lin Jarvis*

And check it out -

Morbidelli, out
Vinales, fired
Rossi, leaving
Petronas, quitting

Quart, in the lead...

Jarvis may only want to spend today's monies on Quart, to save face with Iwata.
Supports splitting everywhere.