Dent removal

Check out this video. I never would of thought about using one of those paintless dent remover guys but after seeing this video it looks like this would be a much better option than a repaint.

https://youtu.be/XJBNsGi4hHY

Re: Dent removal

m143
The tank of my R90S could use this.
I've been terrified of someone making it worse.

Re: Dent removal

grado
Administrator
Man that’s a rare color.
Was that not a stock oem paint scheme?

m143 wrote
The tank of my R90S could use this.
I've been terrified of someone making it worse.

Re: Dent removal

Yes,
Daytona Orange in honor of the Super Bike wins in Daytona.
The R90S was made for three years, only two years were this color.
The Silver smoke, (actually Black) was the more popular color.
I haven't seen a re-paint that looked like original to me. I'm sure some one can re-create it. I've read that BMW painted the silver first then the orange over while the silver was still wet. And that no two were identical.
This is an original paint bike and I will leave the flaws before I'd mess with it.
The rest of the bike is very presentable.

Re: Dent removal

m143
Now you got me looking at old pictures.
This is how I found the R90S in 2012.
It was put away in 1990.

Re: Dent removal

grado
Administrator
Agreed. I believe in oem paint also.
That is a stunner. Even kept in a barn or garage a lot of time the mice or cats get to them.
I bet that would bring a very pretty penny over in Germany.
Thx for puttin it up Walt
m143 wrote
Now you got me looking at old pictures.
This is how I found the R90S in 2012.
It was put away in 1990.

Re: Dent removal

m143
Grado,
See all the fiberglass insulation?
Well it all fell from the ceiling and entombed the bike keeping it in remarkable condition.
The 2nd owner had drained the gas, removed the battery, and parked it in 1980.
We might never know what that bike is worth because my son wants it when I'm done with it. But my grandson wants it more than him.
I replaced the German Conti's (saved them) w/Tiawopper ones, did the maintenance and
we ride this bike regularly.
My kid likes it more than me. I'd rather the upright position of a /7 over any distance.