Dessert X

Fatfatboy
Ducati has entered the adventure bike game in 2022. I don't recall ever seeing this one.

CW has a ride review.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/ducati-desertx-first-impression-ride-review-2022/

Not that I could ever ride it, even with it's 33.something inch lower seat and suspension setup, but it looks like a good effort from the Dukes.

Dakar and Petrucci??

Re: Dessert X

motogrady

Cool pic.

I tell ya, I’ve gotten a lot of respect for Petrucci.
Riding different venues, pretty well I might add,
I dunno.  You just don’t see a lot of that.

I’m waiting for him to give American flat track a go.

Re: Dessert X

oldironnow
motogrady wrote

Cool pic.

I tell ya, I’ve gotten a lot of respect for Petrucci.
Riding different venues, pretty well I might add,
I dunno.  You just don’t see a lot of that.

I’m waiting for him to give American flat track a go.
Flat track Petrucci !
Love it !
I remember Troy Bayliss did sometime in US flat track.

Re: Dessert X

oldironnow
It’s a tall machine.
I like everything except the black sticker affect on the windscreen.
It seems like the single nod towards marketing cowardice.
Just let a machine be itself.

Re: Dessert X

"...I remember Troy Bayliss did sometime in US flat track..."

Yeah, and I think he ended with a badly broken leg, and didn't come back to try again. He probably should have, cause he broke his neck later back home downunder riding (racing?) bicycles. 😳

Re: Dessert X

hacksaw
Ugly bike.
Ducati should stay Ducati . Watering down the brand sucks.
Supports spitting everywhere

Re: Dessert X

Mad4TheCrest wrote
"...I remember Troy Bayliss did sometime in US flat track..."

Yeah, and I think he ended with a badly broken leg, and didn't come back to try again. He probably should have, cause he broke his neck later back home downunder riding (racing?) bicycles. 😳
There was a Frenchman, Juan Michal Bayle(sp?) that tried
back in the 90s I do believe, winning 3 championship’s.
AMA Motocross or Supercross.  Motogp road racing.  And World Trials.

He got the Supercross, I think after 2 seasons actually placed a 4th in one event in motogp, and was a bust on World Trials.   And he was one hellova smooth rider.

Ahhhhhhh……the Grand Nationals.   When men were men.

Re: Dessert X

Re: Dessert X

hacksaw
No IOM so as good as he was he was still French.
Supports spitting everywhere