Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

oldironnow
https://www.superbikeplanet.com/rip-dick-mann/

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

motogrady

Ya.  Mad4 has it in the news section.

I tell you guys, I've been thinking how we could reorganize this place.
Not change the page, just reorganize it.
Most places break it up into sections, dirt, street, for sale, off topic, or non bike news, whatever.

Me, I kinda hate change.
But, I dunno, any suggestions pro or con is welcome.
I know the news section, like Oldiron here, I've checked in there a few times to find there's some good stuff that has been sitting there for days.
I think I can just move posts from one section to another, I'm not sure.
Maybe just drop it.

Remember this place?

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

Allred
Yeah, the "news" section can easily be missed, I find myself having to make the effort to check it rather than it being as obvious as the other "regular" threads.

Not sure what the answer is, the other threads are easy to keep track of, and see the latest posts, but the News section seems "apart" and easily missed.

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

oldironnow
Thanks everyone for squaring me away on this.

I, too, forget to check the News tab.

I wouldn't mind some organization.

A structure like CW's old set up may be good to try for awhile.

What I would like is more differentiation between the stuff I've clicked on and the stuff that's new. The two types of blue used look very similar on my screen.

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

whatarush
I use the Topics View option (top of page) when looking over this forum. That way all posts are listed from newest to oldest. Other forums I use the new post option.

Re: Dick Mann May Have Checked Out

motogrady

The news thing, ya, is confusing things imo.

If anyone remembers the old, "in the wind" column, that's what it was kinda meant to be.

Maybe if it was a locked topic. That is, only one guy could post in it, every day, and serve as a kind beacon to feed, or seed ideas and views for discussion in the other, open forums.
Maybe that would work.

Thing is, that guy would have to be consistent, and include all the venues.  Dirt, street, vintage, racing,
riding rights on the legal scene etc.  Heck, it could turn into a full time job.

But, done correctly, it would be killer.

I mean, look around.

Nobody, nobody I know off, gives the latest on what's happening, across the board of motorcycling. Along with a place to comment and get involved with it.

Idunno.  I'm thinking regroup it all into 2 main sections, street and dirt. Run it like that for a bit and see how it does.