Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
Ed in chief motorcyclist.com
From the what I assume was a moto accident .
I can’t say I followed his writing really. I only get their news letter. But many of the younger “scribes” , imho, really aren’t that good. So w/o Brasfield it’s going to be tuff going for Motorcyclist.com
RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
Was never a fan of Burns. As “cruiser editor”
For CW he was out of his element .
Duke was fine. But I preferred print.
I subbed on and off to print motorcyclist depending on if the editor at any given time was anti Harley or over the top Ducatista .
But Rest In Peace Brasfield.
Sure, we accept risks especially in a professional capacity .
Death in a case like this still sucks.

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
yes he was official cruiser editor.
and he wasnt funny if his snide comments were based on ignorance.
if he stuck to what he knew maybe he was fine.  idk. i am not a sport bike guy.
he was a biased idiot when it came to harleys and related customs.
total poser.

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
And where exactly would I find this? I give away all my magazines. Is there a CW archive somewhere?
I have no reason to lie about my own opinion.

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

I always thought Burns was comical and I liked his reads. Egan's was my all time favorite. When he left CW it left a big empty spot that they never tried to fill.

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
I can’t stand D’orleans!
Talk about a klown! At least Burns is honest in his bias.
D’orleans is an ignoramus. He should have stuck to the Vintagent . His writing on the origins of the captain America bike was tragically lame.
Left coast liberal drivel promoting a guy whom was fired from the project like he was the Jackie robinson of choppers. The bike was build by Benny Hardy.
Who himself got screwed out the credit.
Nobody else. What gets me the most is so many people believe Paul. People read his BS and they in turn think they are experts . It sickens me.

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

hacksaw
As to Eagan. He was great. Unfortunately many of his later columns were basically rehashed stories from years earlier.
. I read Eagan for decades . I would read Edwards and Eagan and not really care about the rest of the rag .

As to Burns , yeah he was comical if you were on the right side of his prejudice. His snide comments were not limited to cruiser reviews as he would put little digs in on Harley type stuff in his sport bike write ups as well

Re: Evans Brasfield RIP

M4C- I can’t tell you what particular thing it was. It is more a build up of several things that annoyed me.