Fast and Left

 Nice video of the Flat Track

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/363HRmYPfCQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know Harley has made cut backs but I have to wonder what, if anything, they will do to stay in the game.
With Zeitz claim to getting back to their roots I hope the 2022 launch coming up 1/26/22 will reveal a worthy model.

Re: Fast and Left

Nice video of the Flat Track

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/363HRmYPfCQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know Harley has made cut backs but I have to wonder what, if anything, they will do to stay in the game.
With Zeitz claim to getting back to their roots I hope the 2022 launch coming up 1/26/22 will reveal a worthy model.
Ya, truly an American venue.  I looked around, found this page that helps a little bringing a guy up to speed with AFT.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/about

Re: Fast and Left

hacksaw
regular sportsters are still in the line up!
the rest i couldnt give a rats ass about to be honest.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Fast and Left

hacksaw wrote
regular sportsters are still in the line up!
the rest i couldnt give a rats ass about to be honest.
We will see 1/26/2022 exactly what Sportster will still be available.

Re: Fast and Left

hacksaw
883 iron and the 48
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Fast and Left

grado

Re: Fast and Left

hacksaw wrote
883 iron and the 48
Yup, at least that is what my local dealer got in today go 2022.
Also got in a Heritage and a Road King special. Both with 114CI motors which all big twins will be.
This year they put wagon wheels on the Heritage.

I put a set of those in chrome on my 05 heritage. It really looked good with them without the work of spokes.

I got a good look at the Sportster S and it’s amenities. That thing has way more trickery items on ot than I knew about. It’s got stuff that I would see on a Ducati.
Several ride modes with the capability of making custom ride modes by adjusting engine breaking, throttle response, abs control, suspension adjustment, etc all on the fly.
I can see why it’s asking price is up there.

The sales guy told me there is talk of a FXRT style Softail that may be coming around the corner. If this happens I see a possible horse trading with my Road Glide.

A couple years ago the dealer added a FXTR aftermarket fairing to a Softail. It was very cool. I didn’t care for the club bars they put on it but the fairing looked good.

Jan 26 Harley is supposed to have their big showings. We shall see what shakes.

Re: Fast and Left

hacksaw
your dealer is full of baloney
the new low rider will have a bigger motor and come in two configurations.
one normal looking one and one weird "cop fairing".
i listed the colors in the news section here.

rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Fast and Left

The bologna/cop bike. 😀

I’m not sure what he said his bologney.

This shot was a teaser from the HD website.

Re: Fast and Left

I looked around yesturday, there are a few pics trickling out.
Kinda got confused, I thought I had put up an 883, and a 48.
Both which I thought were Sportsters. One being 883cc, and the 48 1200cc.
But then I think I got the 883 mixed up with a 1000cc.
So I deleted both of them.

Would be a good thing to have the whole 2022 HD line up here.
Heck, a separate thread just for them, ya.

Not to change it up, but talking to a few guys lately, the feeling is for some is the bikes to buy now are the last models of the 883s.  Heck, I've noticed them as low as $2,500 the past few weeks on Craigslist. Not basket cases either. Nice rides.
Feeling is, it's the end of an era.  Put 4 or 5 of them away, while they are going low and forget about them.  Myself, sure, and a few others here probally don't have the time left.

But if you are a younger guy, 20, 25 years from now, when everything is water cooled or electric, or whatever, a low hrs icon like the 883 is gonna have that certain allure of times past, when bikes were, well, bikes.