Free-er

Harley has an add campaign they have been pushing showing the freedom of folks out riding.

Now I have not not been riding because of the BigC but there has not been a whole lot of places to ride to around these parts so most of the riding has be kinda short circles with stops at gas stations.

Yesterday, on a whim, we hopped on the Chariot (Road Glide) and just head south with no particular place to go.

The Chariot took us to the unpopulated woods on some twists and turns around the oaks and tall pines. Man I love the smell of them pines.

In our route we stopped by an old store that is a popular stop for riders called The Bixby Country Store. Many riders from the Big City use this as a destination then head back home.
 They have a deli where they serve up sammiches, ice cream and such. They also sell snacks stuff as well as little nick nack things that a camper might need.

It’s one of them places where you order yout food, they bring it out to you, you eat it up and then follow it up with whatever else you see sitting on the shelve. Yesterday it was a Zagnut for me. Looked like it had been on the shelf for awhile and needed to be processed.

After you satisfy yourself on the way out you pass a counter and tell the owner what you had and pay up.

Being there was a since of normalcy. Something not experienced lately. We ordered a couple Poor Boy Man sammiches and poured ourselves some fountain sodas, something we can’t do at home right now, sat down inside and ate. Which is another thing we can’t do at home.

After we ate we spent about an hour or so outside finishing up our big gulps and just soaking up all the pleasantness of sitting in the sun and chatting with the other riders and folks that where out and about doing the same. Living free’er.

The store;

This Gixer was ridden by a young man from the area.
40 anniversary 600. Nice looking bike.

If you zoom in on the rear seat on the right you’ll see a little girl that kept playing peekaboo with me trying to play shy.

Stopped for a break to do some more soaking in of the day.
The headboard leaning against the tree on the left was very suggestive.

What about you guys? Are able to get any free’er?

Re: Free-er

Allred
I haven't been out on my motorcycle, but that's only because we are busy with the usual Spring mowing, weeding, trimming, planting, repairing, and new projects around the house etc, etc., but I have definitely noticed more motorcycles on the road, and stopped on the side of the road for a breather, than I have seen in many, many years. Mostly sport bikes, but also cruisers, but definitely an increase over anything I have seen in a long time.

Re: Free-er

motogrady
Ya, nice day here in WV.
Washed 2 cars and my Black 750.
Threw a charge on the battery, was pretty much dead.
Put some air in the flat front tire, went to turn the fuel on and realized I never turned it off last fall.
Stale gas, no stable in it, thought what the hell, I’ll try it.

3 tries on the button, totally choked, it fired up!👍

Shocked, in house slippers, I jumped on and it only took maybe a football field down the road for all four cylinders to start firing😊

No stinking helmet, no gloves, took a quick 15 minute jaunt
around some farm land behind the house.
They just paved the roads around here last fall, smooth as silk, it smelled like spring, the Sun was shining, ya, free er for sure.

Now, I gotta fix those front calipers that are sticking, and my left instep is killing me from shifting in slippers, but all in all,
a really good day.

Last month, left the garage door open.
I know, I should be shot........

Re: Free-er

I got out and rode to my friends farm. It’s a great hippie ride with some dirt roads along the way.
We shook hands, had a brew, shot the shit and acted like nothing’s wrong.
(this refuses to load in the correct orientation)

Re: Free-er

,,,went to turn the fuel on and realized I never turned it off last fall.
Stale gas, no stable in it, thought what the hell, I’ll try it.
Wowsers, you got lucky there Motogrady. I would of thought the carbs would have been clogged for sure.
The Gods of Speed were shining on you.

Riding in slippers,,,,,,

Re: Free-er

m143 wrote
,,,,It’s a great hippie ride,,

Love that term and it’s so you.

Hint on the photos,,, the photo has to be taken with the phone sideways for the orientation to be correct on this forum. Not t sure if there is a way to correct it.

Re: Free-er

m143
Thanx

Re: Free-er