GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw
Let there be no doubt.
<
Some people prefer the yellow and black striped model .
I love this one. Jus looks more integral , more organic . More inviting .
Supports spitting everywhere

Re: GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw
This post was updated on .

2005 I almost bought one of these Paul smart commemorative ss1000.
Bought a Bonneville  instead
The sales manager at the duck dealer was an annoying snob . At the time it was BMW/Ducati / Gilroy
The Triumph salesman was an older down to earth viet vet whom rode a boss hoss!
The asking prices on Paul Smart bikes these days are 25k and up .
Oh well. No regrets.
Supports spitting everywhere

Re: GOAT motorcycles

oldironnow
I could not agree more.
The original, all the way.

Re: GOAT motorcycles

m143
hacksaw wrote
The sales manager at the duck dealer was an annoying snob . At the time it was BMW/Ducati / Gilroy
The Triumph salesman was an older down to earth viet vet whom rode a boss hoss!
Bill Lord Canton Cycles

Re: GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw
Indeed that’s him!
I enjoyed dealing with him.
I enjoyed canton cycle.
A shame they packed it in.

Supports spitting everywhere

Re: GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw wrote
Let there be no doubt.
<

No doubt. It’s gorgeous and it appears to have a reasonable seat height.

Re: GOAT motorcycles

Hey Keith,
 Here's one for ya. Just $45,000.00 and its yours.

https://motoborgotaro.com/motorcycles/1977-ducati-900ss-02

Re: GOAT motorcycles

Fatfatboy
Great story on another guy named Keith on his 1974 Ducati 750SS

Re: GOAT motorcycles

Fatfatboy
Field find story on a 77 900SS
https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/1977-ducati-900ss-zmwz16mjzhur/

Re: GOAT motorcycles

Mad4TheCrest
The owner of my local Duc shop owns a 900SS just like that blue/silver example. It's beautiful and has a purposeful and elegant stance. That said, the 2006 Paul Smart replica Sport Classic 1000DS had far more performance in its bulkier (some might charitably say 'brawnier') package. Both look like torture racks to ride.

Re: GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw
Maybe they are torture racks. Lol.
I will never know. A friend of mine sold a SS yellow one last year. I have no idea what he got for it. He had it for decades. But being a very large guy he didn’t ride it in recent times.
Supports spitting everywhere

Re: GOAT motorcycles

hacksaw
Yes that’s where my picture came from .