Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

Long time Triumph dealer went up for Auction.

I checked it out yesterday, vast selection of Triumph bikes and bits. The complete workshop is also selling.

A few of the projects.

The '59 in the foreground is described as museum quality, and it sure is.

Hurricane, early Trident, and sweet Norton.

This one stopped me cold.

More tables of good seats, tanks, exhausts,...a lot of everything.

Stunning motorcycles everywhere.

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

motogrady

Very cool.  Looks like an old rolling chassis Maico on the left.
And I don't care what they say, id love to have one of Hurricanes.

It's getting so I hate going to theses things.
I never have the money squirreled away, and there is always something I'd love to have.......

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

m143
Good morning Grado!

The Hurricane was built from NOS parts by the dealer.

I enjoyed the afternoon.

I didn't buy anything.

Later

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

Allred
A shame to see/hear of a dealership liquidating, but hopefully those classic bikes can be appreciated and preserved in their new ownership.

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

Allred wrote
A shame to see/hear of a dealership liquidating, but hopefully those classic bikes can be appreciated and preserved in their new ownership.

.
Hopefully it'd just a retirement sale and it's time for Dude to enjoy.

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

Allred wrote
A shame to see/hear of a dealership liquidating, but hopefully those classic bikes can be appreciated and preserved in their new ownership.

.
We had a good one here a few months ago.

Was maybe a dozen from an old guys collection.
There were 2, a greyframe bsa, a Rocket 3,
and an 850 Norton that went for good money.
Supposedly they were going to a museum.

The rest, local guys bought em up.  2500 to 4 grand.
A month later I started hearing grumbling thru the grapevine.  Apparently, it was costing just as much, if not more, than the price they paid to get them on the road.

I guess finding a guy that can get the rust out of a tank, get the fuel systems working, along with the electrics on a Trident ain’t cheap😄

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

gate city guy was a good dude. pun not intended.
friend of mine i now do most of my brit bizz with bought almost all his parts including the tanks. he wont sell a tank though unless he seals it and paints it. i think he gets 600 for one. lol.

jay At vintage triumph supply in ma. he was one of the founders of Choppahead.
he has got into restoring triumphs big time. i sold him some stuff when i had my shop.
i use him whenever i can. family man trying to make it.

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

no he died. people like him dont retire. not many actual triumph dealers from the old days left.

Re: Gate City Cycles sells today at Auction

hacksaw wrote
no he died.
RIP Dude.