Greens Z650rs in me head.

Conflicted.
Is we is, or is we isn't?
Yer with us, or yer agin us.
Should I stay or should I go?

That's what Kawasaki's 650 for 2022 is doing to me.   I think they call it the Z650RS..
Not to be confused with the Z650.  Or the Z650RS Cafe.  The RS.

Why?
It's a vertical twin. It weighs in at a bit over 420lbs. It's narrow. It has a seat. 65 hp, I can still grab a handful and not play with my life. Well, to a degree, anyway.  Dial type instruments. I just like dial type instruments. Low seat height. Good stoppers.
And a msrp of 9k.

Fuel injection, and water cooled, ah. I can live with that.  Rather not, I'm notorious for killing batteries.  And dealing with the subtle panic of, "should I drain it, or at least check the anti freeze", on New Years Day, puts a harsh on the karma.
Plus, all the ads seem to show a female riding it.
Inferring, in a subliminal kind of way, it's a girls bike.
But you know what?
I don't give a crap. I'd be the one riding it.

Ya, I'm conflicted.
Don't get me wrong.  I love my CB750s. I'm not even gonna list the reasons that dance around me head, on why I might betray them.
Having owned an 883 years ago, and seeing a guy's Royal Enfield Interceptor last fall at the local Dairy Queen, ya, they might fit what I perceive a bit of a better fit for a 60s something guy.  That still likes to ride.

Green's 650RS, in me head.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

oldironnow
I say, 'we is'.

Your internal dialogue sounds exactly like what i hear from people on the precipice of joining the sport.

"I love this bike i saw, but everyone says i should get (something else)."

My reply is "the (something else) is a good choice, but what is most important here is that you love looking at your bike. To really get into motorcycling, you need to be in love with your motorcycle. When you push open the garage door, the sight of it resting on the sidestand should make your heart do that little stutter-step backflip in your chest that tells you something special is happening."

Sounds like you found a partner. Good on ya.

Also, and i don't know if this an allowed criteria, but this one could be a good way to meet the womens.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

I had a newsfeed come across my phone the other day on this bike and it peaked my interest of course many bikes do. I’m so weak. A green one would be sweetness. Without a radiator would be even sweeter.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

I guess there is no good way to hide a radiator on a naked bike except by putting it under the bike like Harley did with the Nova project.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

 A green one would be sweetness. Without a radiator would be even sweeter.
And if someone could replace those painfully contorted headers with some gracefully sweeping pipes it would add more sweetness, and dump that hideous excuse of a muffler and replace it with with one, or two would be even sweeter, sensible-looking traditional units.

The overall look of the bike is good, it just needs some old-school massaging to get rid of the stuff some new-school designer is tacking on to it.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

oldironnow
Allred wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
 A green one would be sweetness. Without a radiator would be even sweeter.
And if someone could replace those painfully contorted headers with some gracefully sweeping pipes it would add more sweetness, and dump that hideous excuse of a muffler and replace it with with one, or two would be even sweeter, sensible-looking traditional units.

The overall look of the bike is good, it just needs some old-school massaging to get rid of the stuff some new-school designer is tacking on to it.
Noted.

And add in the modern 'bent' banana-swinging arm.

Re: Greens Z650rs in me head.

motogrady

Ya, agreed, the pipes , it's like they didn't feel like making a different set, style wise, and just went with whatever their crotch rocket uses.

"Hey, let's just throw a seat, tank, sidecovers, rear fender and a set of dial gauges, on it and the old guys will love it" lol!