Honda 1100T DCT

Honda has done a lot with the Rebel. They have the CMX 300, 500, 1100 and now they bumped it up 1100T.
T=tour. Full on touring bike with hard bags, fairing, ride modes and even DCT tranny.
Not a bad looking bike with a low seat height of 27.5" and weighing in at 525 pounds. MSRP is $11,300.00
Very appealing to the woman and short fella's such as myself. The only negative I can see from my chair behind a screen is they left it chain drive.
In my world a tour bike should have a belt or a drive shaft.
I still may have to go give one a look see.

Of course a taller windscreen and a fluff seat for a passenger would be required for some of us.
A larger tank too. Looks like it's only good for 110 miles. That's Sportster talk right there.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/honda-rebel-1100t-first-look-2023/

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

oldironnow
I like the chain, until I'm down on the ground with a can o' lube a-sprayin'.

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

and without a center stand itโ€™s spray, roll, spray, roll. Whip up oil drips off driveway. Drive bike. Clean wheel.

With the recommendation of lubing 600-800 miles it will be a lubing every day or every other day while touring, depending on how you roll.
Iโ€™d definitely pay a little more not to have to mess with it.

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

oldironnow
Word ^

The seat does seem too low in the CW pics, but I would keep it that in a desire for rearsets and a flat bar.

What are technical rules for the Bagger class? ....

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

What are technical rules for the Bagger class? ....
I believe the new rules are no less than 30โ€ wheel up front, no more than 537 miles per year and no less than six speakers not counting the subwoofer. ๐Ÿ˜€

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

oldironnow
Thank you for the update to my humor level !

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

hacksaw
this whole thread is , well not the thread itself, but the idea of it, is a total bore.

first off, there are plenty of drive chains on the market that are internally lubed to where a slight wipe down with a small can  of  wd40 or whatever would be fine after a lot of rain or a ride in extreme dust.
i have no idea what chain comes stock on this rebel. i also have no idea why anyone in this modern day of motorcycling would be anti chain. especially as to ease of fixing if one actually toured with one of these things.

i imagine all of you moto historians know why "bikers" traditional wear black t-shirts.
but in case not  i will tell you. chain oil splatter. bobbed rear fenders and 90wt = your
gonna have a black shirt eventually so why not wear a black one right from the get go.
i know from experience.

all that aside, who in their right minds thinks we need another honda rebel, much less these newer ones with ugly gas tanks . can there be anything more boring than faux cruiser bagger?
are these really expected to sell?

honda, answering questions nobody asked since 1960.

Re: Honda 1100T DCT

hacksaw

yamaha Bolt goes full pregnant guppy!