Iride Suspension

The Road Glide is up on the market because it's tall and heavy and I can't tour long distance anymore so it doesn't make since to own it at this time plus prices are up so it's a good time to sell.
I will miss the the creature comforts of cruise, tunes and such.
I was talking to a guy about this, who is also altitude challenge such as myself, and he told me about a suspension that a friend of his has that automatically drops when he comes to a stop but didn't know much about it.

I started hunting around and found the Iride air suspension that does the magic. No buttons to hit for a dump of air or to raise it back up.

The control modual plugs into it the existing data port on your bike and gets messages from the CAN BUS system so it knows to dump air at a preset MPH to drop the bike to only 1/2". When you pick up speed it airs back up at two different preset MPH. One for city , 1" to 2-1/2", and the one more for highway up to 3".

It's a pretty cool setup that has some good reviews.
Its fairly new. When I put Ohlins on the glide in 2018 I probably would of went this route instead if it was around then.

It's got me to thinking about pulling the the bike off the market. At least gives me a reason to hold my price.

https://youtu.be/OdzvKaECfQg

I also wonder if something like this can or is used in motorcycle racing for the hole shot device or shooting out of corners.

Re: Iride Suspension

motogrady

Holy crap.

StarWars meets motorcycling.

I think they just banned front end variable height in Motogp.
As far as the rear goes, I know they are doing that.
How, good question.

In Motocross it's like a latch that catches when the mechanic really leans on the front end
when at the starting gate. That compresses the springs or air in the tubes, lowering the front only.  The rider takes off and the latch lets go and it's back to normal full travel. It's a one time deal.

This system, 25 years from now, both front and rear, sensors reading the road, lowering and raising both as you ride........jeepers.

Re: Iride Suspension

Re: Iride Suspension

whatarush