Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

m143
I'd like to ride with Joe.

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Mad4TheCrest
Do it if you can. I plan to go next year if there is a next year for the event. Joe is trying to recreate the Motorado vintage bike meet that used to happen in Santa Fe but was knocked out by the pandemic. I don't have a vintage bike so before next year I will try to fix up my ZRX enough to trust it for such a long trip and ride it out there and back. 😳

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

motogrady
We are just so strung out location wise.

Ya, I’d like to ride with Joe also.

I dunno.  Even if we met up in the center of the USA, I’m sure there is a little town in Kansas or somewhere that lays claim as the center, geographically, of the USA, we’d all have a heck of a ride.

Which brings my suggestion.

Once a year most all the pro venues run in the same town.
In the space of a week or so.
Roadracing, dirt track, Supercross, Enduro, Dragracing, pretty much everything but hillclimb. One could add a major Vintage event also.

And where my friends would that be?

Daytona.

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

oldironnow
I need to be at Daytona before I'm a can of ash under my son's arm.

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Mad4TheCrest
Ah, Daytona. A race at the time of year that means good weather in Daytona (usually) and even better weather in SoCal (usually) and a whole lot of hellaciously bad weather (definitely) between the two. I might fly there to meet with you and rent a bike, but to bike it the whole way? Never gonna happen 😳

There is a geographic location that could work if anyone is interested - or rather a couple of locations:

The Four Corners / Mesa Verde area
Grand Junction, CO

Other options I would welcome (one with races):

Austin (COTA)
Santa Fe
Barber (I would fly/rent to this one)

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

motogrady
I’ve been thinking about it kinda heavy.

A meetup that’s is.

I know, it’s crazy, but I’ve got 3 bikes now.
There are a few that show up for sale, heck there’s an 883 for 1,800, and a 550 GS on marketplace for 650 right now.

It wouldn’t be impossible to grab maybe 5 more, get them all running and down there into a storage facility.
Everyone just fly in.

8 or 10 beaters to run around on, for a week or so.
Hell, we could throw in a Surf Fishing contest.
Biggest fish caught by one of us wins.

I know……..grado is losing it 😄

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Fatfatboy
Center of US

http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

https://ppihc.org/

https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

hacksaw
That’s funny as a fk! Lmfao!
Me too! Unless they bring back the beach circuit , I don’t care much about all the racing, but the auctions and swap meets! Oh yeah ! The Rats Hole chop show!
Normally I want nothing to do with crowds , but one time for the bucket list . Or the can of ash list!
Supports spitting everywhere

Motorcycles I heard are no longer allowed in the pikes peak race. Pikes peak can go to hell!
Supports spitting everywhere

Re: Joe Gresh's Event: Santa Fe Classic Hangout

hacksaw
As to joe Gresh. Lol!
I would like to pour concrete with him .
He has the right idea on that meet deal. I hope it works out.
Supports spitting everywhere