Kannenberg Collection

Flat tracker Denny "Kannonball" Kannenbergs's collection of 160 motorcycles and 30 cars are going up for auction with a No Reserve.

Richard Rawlings purchased the whole collection of bikes, toys, memorabilia and auto's back in 2019, even the land, buildings and homes. There were plans to but all up for sale in 2020 but the pandemic jacked that up so now Sept. 10-11 in Auburn Indiana the date is set for it all to go up for auction with no reserve on all the bikes, cars, toys and memorabilia.

Dig up your jars boys!.

https://worldwideauctioneers.com/the-denny-kannonball-kannenberg-collection-auction/#videos

Re: Kannenberg Collection

That's some collection!!!!!  I'll have to check my change jar in the garage.

In one of the videos Rich predicts a 500 'Saki triple will go for $30K. It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Re: Kannenberg Collection

motogrady

Ok.  I'll take these.

Lot 232.  The blue Mach 3.  That's the bike I rode to Unadilla, in the story First Haul, back in '73.  They say you can't go back, but f%#$ 'em.

Lot 258. The Bultaco Metrala.  Just a cool bike.

Lot 254. The orange Ossa.  Probally would never ride it, but that is one bad ass bike right there.

Lot 261.  The COTA.  Ya, it's a 125, but for what I'd use it for, at my age, putting around in the woods, might be the better choice over a 247.

Either one of the 6 cylinder Honda's, and that Moto Guzzi racer would be cool.
But, I've already got my '79 cb750f, and the '81k,  (which they don't hehe), so really, kinda covered in that area.

Re: Kannenberg Collection

Allred mentions the Mach 3s.

The white one, that was the first edition.   They were the fastest, and were the worst handling.
Standard points and condensers, that sucked.
With the worst brakes. The white ones looked cool, but they had a charcoal black color scheme that year also, which, I dunno, defined sexy.

The blue ones, 2nd generation, you could get them with either a disc up front or CDI ignition.
Same price. $999.00
CDI was the way to go, even if they scared the hell out of you trying to stop the thing.

The green one, they had started tameing them down at that point.
Choked the intake a bit to quiet them down. They all got CDI, the brakes were better, they strengthened the frame, so it didn't seem to have a hinge in it when cornering hard, but, it seemed something was lost.  They were safer.  Just a tad slower. And quieter.
They were better.

Or.........were they?

Re: Kannenberg Collection

Lot 243 please.

1966 Ducati 160 for the twisties.

Re: Kannenberg Collection

Lot 243 please.

1966 Ducati 160 for the twisties.

For the ramp, that leads out of the living room, and down the driveway, and into the twisties.

Re: Kannenberg Collection

Re: Kannenberg Collection

For the ramp, that leads out of the living room, and down the driveway, and into the twisties.

.

 As I sit here on the couch watching the beginnings of Silverstone. I can see it in the living room. To the left of the fireplace. In front of the twin double hung windows. In place of the old wood rocker. With a sunbeam shining it's glory.

Re: Kannenberg Collection

Thank you for that.

"Advertise 250 pounds dry."

That sounds just perfect.