Lemans

Weather looks good Saturday but Sunday could be a bit dicey.

Re: Lemans

hacksaw
My Father bought a new Pontiac Lemans in 1968. And I rolled over on him . Wasn’t a happy time.

Re: Lemans

oldironnow
In Boston,
East coast time works for these western Europe races.
Got the Sprint on my phone.

Re: Lemans

hacksaw
We had Sprint on our phones and I liked it .
They got bought out by Tmobile

Re: Lemans

You rolled it on to him? Ouch. That had to hurt.

Re: Lemans

We’ve only watched FP1 and practice.
In practice 93. Crossed the finish line with 1 second to spare to get one more shot to pull himself out of 12th position.  Didn’t happen.
Martin now holds the fastest lap of LeMans.
Quartararo landed himself in Q2 which made the home folks happy.

I did catch MOTO2 Q2 and our American rider land second spot on the front row.
He’s had a good beginning 2024. It’s causing a lot of discussions about him landing on Trackhouse team in 2025.
I hope it comes true.

Re: Lemans

I didn’t get hurt . Car crumpled . Ended  up on its roof .
Eerie . It was very quiet after tge crash .except the radio was playing louie louie .
My dad was none to pleased .

Re: Lemans

I’m sure he was glad you lived through it.

Re: Lemans

Catching up Sunday evening.
Q2 = crash fest, a rider playing fireman and lap record

Re: Lemans

whatarush
Another great weekend of racing. For those that have MotoGp videopass, I recommend watching the sprint race with Pedro’s on board camera (BK4) in the camera options.

Re: Lemans

I’m sure he was glad you lived through it.
It wasn’t my time to go .
7 kids were in my future.
The lord gave a big break , not the only one, but certainly one that later in life I looked back on as remarkably greatful for.

Re: Lemans

Finally got to watch the main event and what an event it was.
Those last few laps were worth the price of admission on its own.
In my front yard we well setup a bird feeder.  The feral cats will come out of the woods and creep ever so slowly belly crawling through the grass and then will crouch within a few feet of the feeder to wait for just the right moment to jump and pounce on a bird.
Both Martin and Marc reminded me of those feral cats this weekend.
What a thrill to see the top three riders going at it to the end.

A real bummer on Quartararo. I was cheering for a good ending for him in front of his homeland. The shot of the little boy crying said it all.

@W.A.R. I used to be able to do the camera switch when watching from the computer but haven’t done it since we got the Roku box. Can it be done from there? If so how?

Re: Lemans

hacksaw wrote
The lord gave a big break , not the only one,
If we really knew the breaks we have been given in life I think we’d be mucho grateful.

Re: Lemans

whatarush
I just looked on both the Roku & MotoGP app’s and can’t find a way to switch camera views. Looks like PC only.

Re: Lemans

whatarush
whatarush wrote
I just looked on both the Roku & MotoGP app’s and can’t find a way to switch camera views. Looks like PC only.

Correction I can switch camera view on my phone also, then cast to the TV, and possibly the Roku also depending on which Roku you have

Re: Lemans

oldironnow
Just finished Moto2.

In case one wants to watch, I'll just say it was nice to see some aggression from Roberts in a tough situation.

Though several of his fellow racers are really peaking, coming from way back down the grid.

Re: Lemans

oldironnow
Also, Moto3 was worth the time, and even both MotoE races !

Of course, one needs the free time of a recluse or shut-in, but, at least the MotoE races are short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rby7SMtIdbU