MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred wrote

Several Cushman and Toppers
Two Toppers went for cheap. $800 and $1,375.00.
I hope they were non-runners. If not,, I bought mine at the wrong time.

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Two Toppers went for cheap. $800 and $1,375.00.
I hope they were non-runners. If not,, I bought mine at the wrong time.
That's the thing about auctions, sometimes there are bargains, and sometimes when you get close up you see all the faults, and sometimes you can end up bidding more than you should, so often they are not true indications of market values. Plus I'm thinking the current virus situation made for a low bidder attendance.

Then take into account the travel to and from the auction, the hotel bill, the registration fee, the buyer's commission fees, the expensive auction house food, etc.

But the 1911 Pierce Arrow 4 commanded a good price at $225,500 (plus fees)

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred wrote
That's the thing about auctions,
 Yeah,, It's so hard to predict people.

The good thing is I didn't buy my Topper for any financial gain. It was to fulfill my boyish ambition. Which it has.
Priceless.

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

oldironnow
Love that Pierce.

Very Buell-like with the large diameter tube frame holding gas and oil, that also made for a stout, rigid machine.

Also very Buell-like in its name plates bankruptcy :)

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred

I know we are talking apples and oranges here, but I'm pretty sure I would rather spend the $3,300 for the Heritage, than $3,850 for the CT70

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

I would have to agree with you Mr. Red.

That is a pretty low did on an Evo Softail but I'm guessing most folks at those auctions are there for the out of the normal bikes.

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred

Here's an out of the normal bike, a 16 year old ZRX with a salvage title!

I'm surprised it fetched as much as it did.

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Not sure what is special about that one but there must of been something about it. Salvage titles seem to go for nuthin' round these parts.

That pretty Fatboy already has bids up to $4,250.00 and it's not up for auction yet.
Probably sell for more than I expected.

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

That pretty Fatboy already has bids up to $4,250.00 and it's not up for auction yet. Probably sell for more than I expected.
Yes, I'm beginning to think it may even exceed it's top estimate of $15,000!

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred

The ex-Jay Leno-multiple-signed Harley fell way short of its $40,000-$50,000 estimate!

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Pre-auction bid on the Fatboy is up to $6,500

And now pre-auction bid is at $9,000. The tension mounts!

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Wow, the Fatboy went for $11,000, I thought it would go for a lot more.

Now, the question is, is that enough for FatFat to close up the window business?

Re: MECUM INDIANA STATE FAIRGROUND AUCTION

Allred wrote

Wow, the Fatboy went for $11,000, I thought it would go for a lot more.

Now, the question is, is that enough for FatFat to close up the window business?

.
Not quit as profitable as the glass business but I'm sure it would be more pleasurable and less stressful.

It could be a fun secondary income after retirement.