MOTOGP India

Some nice long straights with a long 8, 9, 10 turn.

First session extended for more learning time.
Turn 1 seems to be messing with them at the beginning of first practice.

Re: MOTOGP India

Take a couple laps.

https://youtu.be/jQWZYRsBr8A?si=XBbyJPrJs6G3elGT

Re: MOTOGP India

India is too hot and humid. The Sprint is cut short to 11 laps in lieu of 12 and the race cut short to 21 laps in lieu of 24.
The riders say that the heat is unbearable for long stents.

https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/news/first-india-motogp-race-to-be-shortened-due-to-intense-heat/10523968/

Re: MOTOGP India

Re: MOTOGP India

Re: MOTOGP India

Egad! The race! Team Mad4 is feeling hopeless  and defeated in the south Asian heat.  The team psych lost self-confidence, scrapped their practice and is now a crossing guard and part-time barista in Flagstaff.

I don't THINK Bagnaia is an idiot..... but I'd sure like to know his mind.

It's like he's been taking coaching from the Lowes brothers.

Moto2... best race of the meeting, imo.

Roberts actually podiumed, and he looked comfortable out there on a brutal day.
Sean Dylan Kelly was let go from American Racing Team, and the team hired Spaniard Manuel Ramirez, who is doing better. Ramirez ran and finished within sight of Roberts.

"SDK" ran much better with his new Forward Racing team, finishing in the point.

From the layout of the track provided by (FAT)2, I figured Moto3 would smear itself on the pavement as a rolling cluster fest. But for some reason the pack stretched out and didn't run as an aero-limited bunch.  The announcers said the Hondas could not handle the extreme heat, so perhaps that scattered the field.

Re: MOTOGP India

That’s funny Mr. Mad.
Bagnia ruined it for another 1 2 3 for team 2Fat. Pushed it to hard when he didn’t need to.
I wonder if it was tire choice of hard front vs Martins medium front.

Martin looked absolutely flushed. Shows how hard he worked to beat that Yamaha after his turn 4 screw up.
In the replay you can see he turned his head to the right and saw Quartararo and his expression seemed to say “OH CRAP!” and he hammered down.

Ironically Bezzechi, with 8 second lead, looked like he could run a few more laps. He was climbing scaffolding and Quartararo was running around throwing gloves while Martin was laying on the floor getting medical help.

It was great to see Quartararo on the podium again. I know it was because bagnia and Marquez crashed out but he didn’t.
Hopefully Yamaha has learned something from this race.

Re: MOTOGP India

... Hopefully Yamaha has learned something from this race.

"Ahh.. Note self: Find out what Michelin would charge to only stock the rest of the field with Hards..."

Re: MOTOGP India

^ Now that's phunny.