Mad4' - Cal SR39?

oldironnow
Mad4',

I would bet, heavily, you understand the Transverse Ranges like God's own cartography intern.

So in the process of trying to figure out where, and then why this guy got lost, I discovered (for myself) SR39.

It looks great, but I never hear of it among motorcycle people.

Has it always been barricaded, or is that only during the old fire season?

Also, have you ever been to the Bridge To Nowhere?

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

oldironnow
Too bad about the road. I figured since it's never mentioned, permanent closure would be the case.

About the hiker - I read that a directional sign between Three Points and Twin Peaks got remounted backwards.

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

Allred

Not to hijack a thread, but as the focus was on a hiker, Bill Bryson's book, "A Walk In The Woods" about hiking the Appalachian Trail is an EXCELLENT read!

(They made a movie based on the book starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, but it doesn't come anywhere near being as good as the book).

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

oldironnow
A few weeks ago, this man's youtube channel came to my attention.

I was reminded of your encounter photo from your blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFhqmLCqEu8

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

Re: Mad4' - Cal SR39?

oldironnow
That's a good point - one does not have to go in the ocean.

Supports splitting everywhere.