Magni Italia

Re: Magni Italia

oldironnow
That.
Is.
Beautiful.

Re: Magni Italia

Parts of this bike are gorgeous but the overall look leaves me a little cold. I prefer a solid look rather than an airy space-filled arrangement like this. That said, I can see a lineage here between this bike and Terblanche's 999/749 creation, which I kinda admire.
Hearing you, but in this case I'm on it.

It's such a departure from the compressed sportbike of today.

What really gets me is this photo's angle gives a two-stroke look to the engine. Almost a rounded cylinder head look. The pipe curve is attractive.

Black frame and black engine would suck the light out of it and hide the space. Add stainless pipes. Win.

Re: Magni Italia

The pipe curve is attractive.
The pipe styling is reminiscent of Renzo Pasolini's 500 Benelli of the '60s.....

Re: Magni Italia

That is a beautiful machine.  Why is red so dang sexton a race bike? It’s just the right color. Especially on bikes from the land of rigatoni, Sangiovese and Rossi.

The foot peg placement looks a bit far forward from what I’m used to seeing. Might actually be comfortableish.

Re: Magni Italia

 That said, I can see a lineage here between this bike and Terblanche's 999/749 creation, which I kinda admire.
Lately I’ve been missing the 999 that I so shortly had in my stable. I can hear the growl from the termignoni exhaust and feel the vibration in my feet that I used to get when  standing near it in the garage.

I’m not sure if it’s just winter boredom or what but I’ve caught myself pursuing the WWW looking at them again.
Last week I ran across a 749 that had 999 skin.

Got me to thinking,,,, I wonder if I could tame a 749?