Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

hacksaw

Looks like riding on chicken wire!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

motogrady

lolโ€ฆโ€ฆ.whatever Keith.
Best of wishes to you and yours for Christmas, and the coming year.

That goes for all you guys here at CV.

Hang tight allโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆgrado

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

hacksaw
Same to all!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

oldironnow

On the gas. Make the pass !

Merry Christmas CV denizens!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Tell me You donโ€™t actually do that low wave thing!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

On the gas. Make the pass !

Merry Christmas CV denizens!

.
Lol! Good one.
I think Claus needs some chicken wire to hold those presents together!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Nope, just the opposite.

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

hacksaw
Keep your hands on the bars and eyes on the road.

I seldom wave . And if I do itโ€™s more of a salute or an actual open hand โœ‹ wave.
And practically never to full face riders if I canโ€™t see their faces .

Safety First!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

motogrady

Different strokes for different folks.

If itโ€™s a younger rider, or newbie lookin rider,
Showing that kind of exuberance only they seem to have
yeah, Iโ€™ll wave.

A regular guy, if they look or kinda stare like theyโ€™re unsure, like they wanna be cool, but not a fool, a slight nod, or even just lift a finger off the grip might be in order.

Actually, a glance your way for me is most comfortable.
No communication, just an understanding while going about oneโ€™s business.

Then thereโ€™s the badass mother$;ers,
total ignore for those jackasses.

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

hacksaw
I am surprised you are that judgemental.
How do u ascertain in a blink  who is a newbee and whom is a MFer ?

I likely nod more than wave . But each situation has its own deal . Normally I donโ€™t initiate a wave. Just because somebody is on a motorcycle is not reason to . Years ago when it was counterculture specific  , the peace sign was quite common.
But do I wave when I am driving to every car now?
No. Then why wave to a biker that for all I know could be my ex wifeโ€™s lawyer ?
There needs to be a common bond of some sort . Maybe we are both on shovelheads, or itโ€™s wicked cold and the wavee is the only other bike on the road . Something like that.
But say I am at Laconia and hundreds of bikes are coming towards me. I am going to wave to all these people? Lol. Hell no.
But I have no set rule of thumb. I will normally acknowledge  a wave if safe  do so. Initiating one I donโ€™t often . But I might .

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

motogrady

I am surprised you are that judgemental. How do u ascertain in a blink  who is a newbee and whom is a MFer ?

I read somewhere awhile back, that it takes about 3 seconds for the average human to size up and decide if they find another human desirable.

3 seconds.

And that kinda flows into mainstream life imho.

Sure, itโ€™s not an absolute.

I mean everyone has a bad day now and then.

But how long does it take to see a new set of boots, gloves, approved neon jacket, sparkling ride with a grin from ear to ear?

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

hacksaw
So if a guy goes out and buys himself a new moto wardrobe, even if he has been riding for 30 years , To you  he is a newbie. โ˜น๏ธ

I tell you what , and I pray you DO NOT do this , you take your eyes off the road for 3 seconds while riding you are not going to live long.

Look, wave or not wave ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป in any way u choose or to anybody you wish.
I donโ€™t really care.

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Grinning from ear to ear?
How do u kno?
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/motorcyclist-in-tunnel-royalty-free-image/155355080

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Hey, that 30 year rider might have 2 Electra Glides with
all the Screaming Eagle gear they make sitting back home.

But if he pulls up next to me testing his wifes  brand new Chinese whatever in jeans, t shirt and construction boots, my impression a newb.

Now tell me you wouldnโ€™t think the same.

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

I wave at scooters. They typically donโ€™t wave back. Not sure why.

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

Well I wouldnโ€™t . Bcz I donโ€™t care. Now I might judge the scooter itself. Is it a 50cc ? A 250? A Vespa ? Chinese?
And what country am I in? Lots of scooters with experienced riders in the Philippines.

Unless itโ€™s a Topper rider. Whereas no comment!

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€

They wave back . You just go by to fast to notice.
๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿผ(From them , not me)

Re: Merry Christmas from Corbin !๐Ÿ˜€