More small bores

Re: More small bores

I agree on the overpriced celeb sales. I’d only make one exception. An Evel Knievel XR 750.
I’d buck up for one if I had extra cash and the opportunity.

Re: More small bores

grado
I agree on the overpriced celeb sales. I’d only make one exception. An Evel Knievel XR 750.
I’d buck up for one if I had extra cash and the opportunity.
I used to help with a Vintage Bike Show here in WV.
Was an annual thing.
One year it was 1 bike for each of the past 100 years. I can’t remember, was it a mid 70s bike, whatever, but it was one of his white Harley’s he used to jump.
I know, most of his stuff was on a triumph.
But this one was I think a 750 HD.
We built a set where the bike sat right before a wooden ramp.

And yeah, I got to wheel the bike around and sit on it a few times.

It was clunky feeling.  Heavy. The bars were, or felt pretty wide.  The carburetor stuck out so far on the right side your shin would rub on it. The steel tank felt, I dunno, harsh between my legs.

Being an ex motocrosser, I knew 125 to 500 cc dirt bikes.
Jumping them was no big deal.

But.

I remember thinking, “this effing thing is scary.”

And that was just sitting on it.

Re: More small bores

I agree on the overpriced celeb sales. I’d only make one exception. An Evel Knievel XR 750.
I’d buck up for one if I had extra cash and the opportunity.

And do what exactly with it ? Jump snake River ?
It’s no longer a usable motorcycle . But that’s fine . There is a huge difference in a machine Evel actually used in his show, and say he had , theoretically, a fxr street bike that he rode around the block a couple of times.

Re: More small bores

grado
Administrator

Hey……it would be fun to break that thing out at the weekend barbecue.

Have a few friends over, take turns running the crap out of
it down the street in front of the house.

Not a lot of pool parties around where that happens.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
Do you have any idea what your pool party bike would cost?
A regular joe XR is expensive enuff. LOL!

Re: More small bores

grado
Administrator

Fat2 is doing ok as far as one can see.

Plus…….its not just a bike.

Like I tell Donna……….its an Investment!

Re: More small bores

grado
Administrator
You might be right Keith.
He had 5 of them.
All are accounted for.

One wonders………$250,000.
$500.000.
Would 1 million pry one of them out of the current owners hands?

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/june/mcn-plus---whatever-happened-to-evel-knievels-bikes/

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
A million dollars for a bike to hooliganize the neighborhood once a summer?
Even F2 isn’t that rich .
You can have your friends cause just as much mayhem on a XLCH with straight pipes for a lot cheaper , and with the benefit that your friends won’t be as likely to Kill themselves.