Moto plaything alternatives

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

There is a dealer, Big St. Charles motor sports, that sells those Vanderhalls. They are about 40 miles away.
Before we bought the trike we looked at them. I wanted to rent one but they quit renting them a month before we got there.
The base model didn’t have doors so you had to climb out of  it. The GT models have suicide doors.
Climbing out of the base model a  banged my head on the windshield edge.
They look like a hoot to drive. At the time they were putting a Chevy 4 cylinder in them that was the same motor that was used in the Chevy Cobalt’s.

Looking at their site they have added more models than when I was looking at them a year ago.
That shows progress

I’ve looked at used ones and they are out there but most I could find were in California.
Base models were going for around $25k.
GT’s $35k.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

I see. Well they do have forks  attachments available for them . So yiu are quite right. Lots of bobcats out this way . Never saw one of these . Thanks for enlightening me!

Well there was a dealer up toward Boston . That’s where I saw them maybe 2 years ago . Not sure they  are still .
Banging your head! That’s shit design !
Lol

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

oldironnow
https://www.frankensteintrikes.com/frequently_asked_questions.html

Regarding independent suspension ^

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

hacksaw
Great info on which I agree.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

Yeah, great info. That’s why they are engineers of trike kits and I am not.
I would like to demo a trike with a Frankenstein kit just to see how they handle different.

I’ll see one on a bike that is for sale every now and then so they are out there.
 I figured the cost for a Frankenstein kit for my deluxe. It was going to cost more than buying the Freewheeler when figuring in the price for the deluxe and kit with tub plus resale on a factory trike is better than a add on trike from what I’ve seen.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

Agreed existing bike plus kit is costly.
But if one already has a paid for bike then maybe it’s cool diy thing
I don’t know I would want a springer on one. These kits offer raked trees but maybe not for springers

These trike conversations proliferated b4 Harley came out with their latest trikes .
And of course the kits are for other makes besides HD

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

I saw a 97 red striped Springer on a FB springer page.
It had a white backend that made it look like an old servicar.
I believe he used raked trees.
Looked pretty good and vintage.
I’ll try and find it.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

I couldn’t find white red striped but found this green one.
The trunk kills the look.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

hacksaw
Yes I agree the trunk looks horrid!
If it was all white it wouldn’t be such an obvious eyesore .
I guess the owner had to include momma but there must be a better way .
I can’t tell if that springer is increased rake or not.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

It doesn't look raked but I found out that it was Vulkan that makes a 5 degree rake kit

 https://secure.vulcanworks.net/store/Harley-Springer-Softail-Rake-Kit.html

One of my thoughts when I was considering a trike was to change my 97 blue strip springer into a trike with a white back to resemble the old servicars boxes and add blue strips to match the bikes fender but I went the quick route because we were ready to ride.

If Springer prices keep dropping I may just do it to have something different for around town puttin.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

whatarush
I miss that little Z3. The seats were not very comfortable but they hugged you in nicely in the corners. I lost the pics I had taken when we was down in Arkansas. This is the only pic I have.

IMG-0305

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

hacksaw
Great looking car.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

whatarush wrote
I miss that little Z3. The seats were not very comfortable but they hugged you in nicely in the corners. I lost the pics I had taken when we was down in Arkansas. This is the only pic I have.

IMG-0305
That would be a fun car in Arkansas. It handled awesome.
We took it across Z and T after leaving their house and it was like on rails.
We only had it a few days and to be honest I can’t remember where I drove it too but my hindquarters were sore after a day in it. It doesn’t help that I have no butt.

As a convertible I liked that the windshield was more upright than our Mustang convertible.

Re: Moto plaything alternatives

hacksaw

I like that xl based,
 the wheelbase is shorter then most trikes and the scale is more like the old servi car
This trike looks to be based on a 1200C
As it has a 21” in front and the floor boards are being utilized with forward controls. Which I don’t care for.