MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow
On the ground at the Laguna !

Thursday is casual day in the pits.
No food, but plenty of teams working and milling about.
Saw John and Chris Ulrich, and Josh Herrin for sure.
Many other vaguely familiar faces on young racers.

Caught up to this tall guy in the pits wearing a Schiebe Racing shirt.
Turned out to be Steve Scheibe himself.
We got to talking about the VR1000 project.
I told him it was the only Harley I ever truly pined for, and how bitter I was to figure out HD was just beta-testing the V-Rod in front of the world.
“Yeah, a lot of us felt it was not the way we wanted it to end.”

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

I love it when you go to the races,
the reports are just great.
👍👍

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow
👍👍
motogrady wrote
👍👍
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow

“That Bobber with clip-ons looks so cool.”

(smiles)“Yeah that guy is so annoying; he’s so fast.”

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow

Competent for the forward control movement.

Light
Short
Tall
Vibes
Shakes
Thin grips
Commute stop and go with a slack chain is no fun.

Predicting the ZX-4RR will not be around for 2024.
Kawasaki PR survey does not list it as a future bike one hopes to buy.

Wedding proposal in Da Aloha groups camp406 free bar.

.

IMG_1478.mov
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

grado

RevZilla bike looks great👍

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

oldironnow
IMG_1559.mov

IMG_1559.mov

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

motogrady
As usual some good shots.

The 51 bike half torn down, it’s always cool to see how the teams do things.  Kind of surprised to see a wet tire, it looked dry weather wise.

That Martini I had to look that one up.
I’ve never seen or knew the story behind them.
A 350 v twin.
Who would have thunk it.

Best shot……imho……..

Nothing like being there.  Thanks Oldiron👍

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

whatarush
Awesome pics OIN!!! I always liked the cut away parts to see the internals.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

Here’s the file I intended to post:

IMG_1559.mov
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

whatarush wrote
Awesome pics OIN!!! I always liked the cut away parts to see the internals.
Yeah!

Back then, I was fascinated by the mystery.
Now, I want to understand the philosophy.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoAmerica Laguna Seca 2024

whatarush wrote
Awesome pics OIN!!! I always liked the cut away parts to see the internals.
Yeah!

Back then, I was fascinated by the mystery.
Now, I want to understand the philosophy.

.
I’m with you on that.
I’m sure most every team has a different view.

Meezelf, I wonder.
How could one form a team?
How could one finance it?
Where would the personnel come from?
What class would one run?
I mean, forget motogp, world Superbike,
there’s no way.

But, MotoAmerica……….

Then, the big question.

Why?

I watched a Tom Cruise movie yesterday.
The one where he walks on a struggling NASCAR team
and goes after The Daytona 200.

When it was over my girl was talking about a Maine vacation.   Walking the beaches, checking out old lighthouses, visiting family she hasn’t seen in decades.

Like a guy shaken awake from a deep sleep/nap, I
Told her, “yeah honey, that sounds good.”

And thought to myself, “WTF?”