MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

motogrady

I read where the flag was kind of out of sight also.

Shouldn't let it bother him.  Ya, he doesn't get the good spot on the grid.  But hey, it's a given, he's got the speed.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

The new yellow flag rule sucks. I’m not sure why they changed it.
 They showed a slow-mo of Bagnaia just as the flag came out. It was in front of him but it was off to his right has he was lining up a left turn so there is no way he would of seen it.
 Honestly, if a rider is in the gravel I don’t see how it should affect the other riders on their last hot lap.

In Q1 Marquez was messing with Mir trying to get into his head so it looks like he is back to his old tricks.

It will be interesting to see how MM can handle the 20+ laps.
I’ll have to wait until Wednesday to find out. I’m going to Motogp party at CW forum member Doughboy’s pad.
We are having four of these throughout the year. Two at his pad. Two at mine.
Unfortunately he works weekends so Wednesdays are the day we can get together. I’m  Really looking forward to it.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Roberts enjoying Portimão again.

Beaubier looked good and ended up on the main screen.

FP2

.
For some reason Roberts hung out in the pits for much of Q2.
Not sure why but I bet he could of done better.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Allred
Excellent race by Quartararo, as well as Bagnaia and Mir, (which makes for a really good result for Mad4 in the League)

Marquez looked really good during the first few laps, but I guess that arm injury is still hurting even after all this time.

Rossi fell, and Pol retired, that was 66% of my League team out of the running!

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Joe Roberts fought at the front being in first, second and third throughout the race. Unfortunately in the last lap he went a bit wide opening the door for Gardner to push through coming into contact with Roberts so no American on the podium,,, yet but he showed he could fight for it.

I’m sure we will be hearing the national anthem at some point this year.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

oldironnow
Full Quart hammer, but still a pretty good race.

Loved seeing the riders come over 8, head down, off the left carrying a crossed-up wheelie down the hill.

What was the Marquez drama in his box post-race? How do you read that? Pain? Frustration? Inverse joy?

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Quart has laid down the gauntlet while Top Gun has just plain dropped it. But ... the factory Yamaha squad is looking very good.

Marc Marquez did an amazing job considering the pain and
weakness in his arm increased throughout the day (as reported).

Portimao is a tough circuit and caught out some good (and formerly great) riders. I was disappointed for Zarco although his dump helped my League team.

Rossi? What is there to say? Sigh ...

Roberts must be gutted to miss out on the podium. I wish those commentators would stop talking about the first American win in the mid-class since the early 90's. Every time they've done that for Robert's he's gone backwards.

Good result for Beaubier.
I have a feeling, between the 2, it's gonna be Beaubier, not Roberts, that's gonna take it to the top.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

motogrady
To me, Roberts seems, idunno, kind of a privileged kid. Maybe with a bit of "Ive been in Europe for quite awhile, I know how it's done".

Cameron, heck, even tho in a smaller pond, has been winning.  He's been a Champion. He's been killing it.  He's been taking no prisoners, get the hell out of the way, I got places to be kind of guy.

In the Motocross world, there have been more than 2 or 3 fathers, of what turned out to be great riders, that held their sons back, sandbagging if you may, on their sons rise to the top.
The reason, I've heard it more than once, they wanted them to get used to running up front, in the lead.

Get them a bit cocky.  Get them really believing they deserve it, winning.

And that's the big thing, the big difference between the 2, is how one man sees it.

Roberts, imo,  feels he needs to prove he's a winner, to both himself and the European community, in the correct, established way.

Cameron, on the other hand, is like hey, whatever. Get out of the way, I got races to win.

Re: MotoGP 2021 PORTUGAL

Finally got to see the race last night. My wife said after the race that Moto2 was better. I think I might have to agree. Maybe it’s because we were more interested in Roberts results. I think Grady may be on to something with the assessment of Cammeran. I just hope one of them gets to climb the step at some point. I really thought Roberts was going to get a trophy this time

 Quartararo looks like he could be a contender for the title,,, right now. Of course he looked like it before then blew half the season.

I was expecting a bit more, maybe too much, from MM. he definitely looked tasked at the end of the race. I suspect he will do better at Jerez. Even on the steps.
At least I hope.

I think Rossi crashed just so people knew he was in the race.  Hardly any mention of him through the weekend.
I sincerely hope that he doesn’t end his career with these types

Miller’s crash was an odd one. I’d like to know how that one happened.