MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Allred
Early days, but Miller is looking good in FP1/2.

I'm sorta second guessing my Mir choice, and maybe my Pol choice too, but, it's early days.

Rossi looks to be doing what Rossi does, waiting for Sunday!

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

motogrady

Even tho it seems like the early performers kinda of peter out as time goes on, I think I'm sticking with what I claimed.  Ya, Miller is fast, but you gotta question is he gonna keep it up.

I wonder if fatfat is gonna run this year.  I hope so.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Even tho it seems like the early performers kinda of peter out as time goes on, I think I'm sticking with what I claimed.  Ya, Miller is fast, but you gotta question is he gonna keep it up.

I wonder if fatfat is gonna run this year.  I hope so.
Those Ducs usually over-perform at Qatar.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

SpiesLives
Is this the thread where I pick Ben Spies three times?

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

motogrady
SpiesLives wrote
Is this the thread where I pick Ben Spies three times?
There is usually a thread for every round, the league itself here.

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Cyclevisor-com-2021-Motogp-League-td3171i20.html

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

SpiesLives wrote
Is this the thread where I pick Ben Spies three times?
Ha!

2009 was great year.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Those Ducs usually over-perform at Qatar.
 They were the first fallers of the season.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

I wonder if fatfat is gonna run this year.  I hope so.
 Yeah, I'm in. Just late jumping in. Life has been a bit crowded lately.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

SpiesLives
1.) M. Marquez
2.) Rinz
3.) Morbidelli

Risky, but I dont feel like I can trust Quat or Rossi. If the Suzuki is good, Rinz can be great.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Allred

Rossi did well, 3rd on the grid.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

SpiesLives wrote
1.) M. Marquez
2.) Rinz
3.) Morbidelli

Risky, but I dont feel like I can trust Quat
I have to agree. He came out like the next “To Be Beat” but fizzled out mid way through last year.
If I remember correctly it was after he started crashing.
Pushing too hard???

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Great performance by Vinales. Unstoppable. Never would have bet on that ending.
The Ducati’s looked like they were going to take it at the start. Their hole shot device works fantastic.

Not sure what happened with Miller. The most experienced Ducati rider coming in the furthest behind.

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Allred
Finally got to see the race, and an excellent race at that!

Amazing performance by Vinales!

And also an amazing performance by Mir, spoiled only by that last second mistake.

The early speed of the Ducatis is absolutely stunning, and throughout the race the talk was of tire wear being their nemesis, but Simon Crafar pointed out that fuel consumption was the real underlying issue?

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

Looks like Morbi hasn’t lost it through the winter.
The reason he fell so far back is because his hole shot device was stuck through the whole race.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/morbidellis-qatar-gp-wrecked-by-holeshot-device-issue/5972364/amp/

Re: MotoGP 2021 Qatar 1

motogrady

Thoughts.........I get Vinales win, or how he thinks he won.  Ride smooth, save the tires for the later part of the race.  But, how is it the Ducati's aren't suffering rear tire wear?  You'd think more hp would be chewing them up at a greater rate than the blue bikes.  Unless the Yamaha guy's are sliding into the turns during breaking, something like that.  If that's so, it ain't setup, it's rider technique hurting the guys having issues like Rossi.

I just saw an interview with Mir, he alluded going wide was kinda by design.  Says he knew the Ducati's were there, didn't have anything for the brute speed they have, and was just trying to keep his speed up enough to hold them off.  In retrospect, if that's true, he'd been better to just try an hold it tight and block the red bikes.  Armchair statement of the week, I know😁

Really thought Espargaro would do a bit better on the Honda, those guys must be tearing their hair out.
And the KTMs. What's up with that?
Last year, they were the darlings of this arena.  Now it seems that can't get out of their own way.

Motogp.  Just when you think you have the answers, they seem to change the questions....