MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred

Event One at Austria managed to dodge between the rain showers, but Event Two this weekend may not be so lucky.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Jeez,, jet ski racing?

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

motogrady

Holy crap.    Yamaha pulls Vinales.  Looks like he tried blowing the thing up by hitting the rev limiter
twice at the end of the race, for no apparent reason.

Here it is.     https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/12/is-this-the-reason-why-yamaha-suspended-vinales-in-austria/385401

Yikes.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred
Very strange.............Not sure why he would purposely hit the rev limiter, especially as his last few laps were extremely slow, maybe he was dissatisfied with the performance of the bike and wanted to blow the engine so he could get a new one? Although the rev limiter would prevent that anyway, so it's a mystery.

Seeing the interviews with the other riders they seem to know what's going on, but simply shrug their shoulders and mum's the word.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

motogrady
Allred wrote
Very strange.............Not sure why he would purposely hit the rev limiter, especially as his last few laps were extremely slow, maybe he was dissatisfied with the performance of the bike and wanted to blow the engine so he could get a new one? Although the rev limiter would prevent that anyway, so it's a mystery.

Seeing the interviews with the other riders they seem to know what's going on, but simply shrug their shoulders and mum's the word.
I'd say he's just pissed, and he's trying to take it out on Yamaha.
And they know it.  The data shows it.  Supposedly a photographer shooting trackside heard it, him overreving it all round the track.  Didn't upshift it from 5th to 6th going down the main straight the last 3 Laps. He was trying to blow it up.

Blue should have fired him on the spot.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred
A new lap record from Zarco putting him tops in FP1/FP2...........good news for Whatarush and Oldiron.

Nakagami always looks so good in practice but can't seem to transcribe it to the podium.

With thunderstorms abound today's dry times may the deciding ones.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred wrote
Very strange.............Not sure why he would purposely hit the rev limiter, especially as his last few laps were extremely slow, maybe he was dissatisfied with the performance of the bike and wanted to blow the engine so he could get a new one? Although the rev limiter would prevent that anyway, so it's a mystery.

Seeing the interviews with the other riders they seem to know what's going on, but simply shrug their shoulders and mum's the word.
I'd say he's just pissed, and he's trying to take it out on Yamaha.
And they know it.  The data shows it.  Supposedly a photographer shooting trackside heard it, him overreving it all round the track.  Didn't upshift it from 5th to 6th going down the main straight the last 3 Laps. He was trying to blow it up.

Blue should have fired him on the spot.
I had a weird feeling from Vinales before Race 1.

He looked too ebullient in the pit box, a bit of over-the-top waving at the camera, big smile... It seemed non-standard behavior for him, but I chalked it up to the new deal with Aprilia.

But it struck me at the time as a bit manic.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

motogrady
It's a for sure deal withAprilla?

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred

Some amazing early performances by Zarco and Bagnaia, only to be followed by even more amazing performances by Martin and Quartararo!!! I didn't see the practice/qualifying, only read the reports, but I bet it was thrilling to watch.

With the first two rows made up of Martin, Quartararo, Bagnaia, Zarco, Marquez and Miller it's destined to be an exciting race.

I still think that MM may be the one to watch, and the rest of my money would be on Martin and Quartararo.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred
A rather childish Vinales in a sport of grownups, no wonder all the other riders were "silent" with their opinions.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

I guess Rossi doesn't give a crap anymore. 🤨
Yes, it's a little sad to see the effects of age take their toll.

In a sport like MotoGP the difference between being on the podium, and not, is razor edge. Marc Marquez's recent "incident" is a prime example of how if you are not at your absolute 100+% it can make the difference between an almost guaranteed champion, and a rider that may finish mid-field or lower.

As has been stated many times recently, Rossi hasn't slowed down but the younger crowd has sped up, and Rossi has realized that at his way-past-normal-retirement-age he cannot catch up.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

motogrady
Allred wrote
Mad4TheCrest wrote
I guess Rossi doesn't give a crap anymore. 🤨
Yes, it's a little sad to see the effects of age take their toll.

In a sport like MotoGP the difference between being on the podium, and not, is razor edge. Marc Marquez's recent "incident" is a prime example of how if you are not at your absolute 100+% it can make the difference between an almost guaranteed champion, and a rider that may finish mid-field or lower.

As has been stated many times recently, Rossi hasn't slowed down but the younger crowd has sped up, and Rossi has realized that at his way-past-normal-retirement-age he cannot catch up.

.
Well......life goes on.
The ebbing of physical prowess, reflex, along with the mental realization of certain conquense for certain actions, it is undeniable.

But, all is not lost my friends.

Not many a man realizes, and uses, the tools one acquires with age.

To be able to rise thru the ranks, and achieve as a rider the things he has, is remarkable.
Even more so is what he has envisioned, and built, and appears to be ready to take to another whole level, as an owner, is just as remarkable.

Plus, he's a multi millionaire, with a killer yacht, and a smoking girlfriend that wants to make babies.

Yes my friends, all is not lost.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred
LOL.....what a fiasco!!!!!!

A great race, until it started to rain!

Mad4 made out like a bandit with Bagnaia, Mir.........AND ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt sure Marquez was going to give me 25 CycleVisor League points!!!!! But it was not to be, had he not come in he could have probably won.

Oh well, two weeks to Silverstone.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

oldironnow
Helluva fun race!

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Jeez,, jet ski racing?
A little colder - ice boat racing.

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

^ Half naked.

I wonder who got that butt chewing?

Re: MotoGP AUSTRIA TWO

Allred wrote
LOL.....what a fiasco!!!!!!

A great race, until it started to rain!

Mad4 made out like a bandit with Bagnaia, Mir.........AND ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt sure Marquez was going to give me 25 CycleVisor League points!!!!! But it was not to be, had he not come in he could have probably won.
I kinda enjoyed the fiasco and was hoping Marc would stay out on slicks.  He’d done better.