MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred

So nice to have another race this coming weekend, but as seems to be the norm, "the rain in Spain" mantra is in place with showers and thunderstorms forecast for the weekend.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

oldironnow
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the weekend.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the weekend.
By George, I think he's got it!

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

A back to back race will be a test on Marquez. It will be interesting to see how his arm/shoulder holds up.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

A back to back race will be a test on Marquez. It will be interesting to see how his arm/shoulder holds up.
I don't think he's going to be a contender.

Did you dee him rubbing that shoulder like a hound worrying a wound?

I bet that's why he clipped Binder and went down - less than optimal strength.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred
Rins will be a no-show at Catalunya due to a fractured radius bone in a cycling accident.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/06/03/injured-rins-to-miss-catalan-grand-prix/376648

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

I don't think he's going to be a contender.

Did you dee him rubbing that shoulder like a hound worrying a wound?
Yes I did. As a boss I am concerned.
The docs say that the races are good therapy for his injury. I wonder if these docs are on Honda payroll?

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred wrote
Rins will be a no-show at Catalunya due to a fractured radius bone in a cycling accident.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/06/03/injured-rins-to-miss-catalan-grand-prix/376648
uugghh,, These guys and their cycling. Why can they run 150+ mph on a fire breathing race bike but a peddle bike causes injury and even death?

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred wrote
Rins will be a no-show at Catalunya due to a fractured radius bone in a cycling accident.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/06/03/injured-rins-to-miss-catalan-grand-prix/376648
uugghh,, These guys and their cycling. Why can they run 150+ mph on a fire breathing race bike but a peddle bike causes injury and even death?
I've tried road-biking a bit out here, but it feels way more dangerous than motorcycling.

Of course with these guys....

The docs say that the races are good therapy for his injury. I wonder if these docs are on Honda payroll?
Lol!

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

oldironnow
'Therapy' also includes mental therapy.

Maybe MM was going nuts not racing.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred
Marquez and Rossi (and Mir) outside of the top ten after FP2!

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred
Hmmm............Rossi manages overall top ten after FP3, ousting Miller to Q1.

With Marquez also heading for Q1 they will be interesting qualifyings to watch.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Allred

Quartararo looks to be the one to beat, and with Miller 2nd on the grid and Oliveira 4th its looking good for Motogrady's League results.

A crash by Valentino in Q1 put him down in 11th position, just behind Mir in 10th, with Pol on 12th. So my three League riders make up the fourth row of the grid.

Marquez was beaten out of Q2 by his fellow Honda rider Pol Espargaro, and ends up 13th on the grid.

Dish TV doesn't air the race until 9:30pm Sunday evening.......there's re-runs of American Ninja Warrior from 2013 on at the 4:00am race time!!!!!!!!

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

oldironnow
Top three:

Quart
Morbidelli
Mir

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Top three:

Quart
Morbidelli
Mir
Not correct, as usual

One can see the puffed out leathers of the expanded airbag around the lower ribs.

I'm a simple man, who enjoys simple pleasures, on a simple Sunday.
Like, for instance, the last lap chaos of Moto3.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

After waiting 17 hours after race start, I finally got to see the race, which even then was delayed even further due to some "important" ice hockey footage and news!

So a fairly decent race, but full of disappointment. I really thought we might see the Rossi of old but it was not to be. And it seems that injury of Marquez' may be his nemesis, we certainly have lost the Marquez of old!

The factory Honda team didn't even have a finisher!

And then the controversy over Quartararo's zipper.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

Just got to see the race tonight. The first half of the race had me sucking a lot of air through my teeth. Very intense! Lots of good passing and blocks. Certainly makes for a great race.

I really thought Marquez was going to finish in a good spot. Bummer on the three in a row DNF’s.

Quartararo worked hard for penalty six place. Not the ending anyone expected. Especially the bookies.
I don’t quite understand the short cut penalty. He blew the corner and lost 7 tenths of a second so I’m not sure there was a short cut there.

Great job by Olivera. Flawless impeccable ride right there.
The KTM team is pouring it on with Ducati like power.

Zarco is showing that he can race and race well. No crashie.
And our good mate Jack on the podium once again. Gotta love it.

I expected Morbideli to end higher in the ranks.  Not sure what happened to his pace.  At least he crossed the finish line.

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

More drama on the Quartararo suit.

Alpinestars  inspection revealed no issues with the suit.
Riders have mixed opinions as to the punishment. Even Quartararo says he should of been black  flagged.
Mir thinks he should not have been tagged for the suit being open but for throwing his chest protector on the track. Valid point.

Others say he should of pulled off for his own safety. I have to agree with that. If he would of went down, which is quite possible with his right side of the tires depleted, he could of been a bloody mess.

I would like to hear Quartararo explanation of the open suit.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/quartararo-race-suit-alpinestars-barcelona/6547613/amp/

Re: MotoGP CATALUNYA SPAIN

oldironnow
Interesting link ^

Me, half a world away... I feel the airbag deployed.

Nothing else makes sense in light of Quart's reactions.

Statements about non-deployment are happy-talk to protect sales, IMO.

The reason for the deployment, I will give you, is comes more from respect at Quartararo's riding skill -

He had just been passed by Zarco, while racing on fried tires, and pushed it so hard into Turn One, maybe sliding both ends in a curving drift, that the suit felt for sure a crash was not just imminent, but actually happening.

First three seconds for not dropping behind the following rider upon re-entering the track.

Second three seconds as a kind gesture for not getting DQ'ed for dropping a plastic cookie sheet on the racing line.

Seeing THAT freaked me out.