MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
The rain
in Japan
falls mainly

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
KTM have brought two of the new carbon fiber chassis for this race.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

Brad Binder tops Friday’s with fastest lap ever in Japan on two wheels with a 1:43.489 bettings Lorenzo’ all time fastest 1:43.700.

Quartararo took a fast get of that has him limping.
We have a third Yamaha with Crutchlow as a wildcard.
He’s running the extra long and loud exhaust.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
It seems like Yamaha bought a leftover prototype exhaust offa KTM.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Some gutsy attempts at passing and defending in the second half of the Sprint.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

Bezzecchi took a fast tumble in the gravel in Q2. Barrel rolled half a dozen times or so. He still manage to take 4th.

It's good to see Jack back at the front. Might give Martin(1st) and Bagnia(2nd) time to break out front giving Bezzechi a hurdle to take to keep them from taking off and leaving a big cap at the front.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Watching live out here on the west edge of America.
Rain on the grid.
This could be a late night.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
They’re going off.
This is stupid.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Vinales down

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Martin
Bags
Miller
Aleix

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Everyone into the pits except all Yamahas stay out

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Pirro leads
Bradl
Morbid stay out

Crutch
Quart in

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
First wave in, now on wets, railing.
10 seconds back from Pirro

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Pirro called in.

Standard order of battle now.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Heavier rain.
Zarco bins.
Instant red flag on Lap 13.
Zarco pushes to the pits.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Several narrow-read DQs.
I would’ve been livid.
Replacing narrow-read with chicken-shit and shouting, waving arms.
Some are reversed.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
Queueing for the restart.
It’s getting dark.
The lights from the safety car and rain lights are over saturating the camera. Lurid scene.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

They’re going off.
This is stupid.
That was crazy. The smart thing to do would have of started the race on a wet set but I’m not sure they can unless a white FLH comes out.

Marquez looked happy at the end.  He was actually doing pretty good this weekend. I wonder if Honda found something.

That thing with Zarco getting a DNF because of entering the bit was a gut bunch and stupid.

Oh well tight race for first place.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

oldironnow
What ticked me off about the Zarco thing is I was sure riders at the previous rounds had cut through the infield to get back to the pits.
If that happened, missing the pit entry seems to not be an infraction.
Anyway, sketchy, interesting race.

Re: MotoGP Japan 2023

Zarco should of been born in Spain.