MotoGP Jerez 2024

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

whatarush
I’m looking forward to this rd. With the Pocket Rocket as a wildcard be nice to see him on the podium.

The weather looks to be on the chilly side.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

Thanks for the reminder. For some reason I thought they had a 3 week space between USA & Spain.
This has not always been MM's favorite track. I hope the Duc will break the the curse.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

Aauugh,, that sprint!
Low slide supreme
It’s like some oil was sizzled on the track.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

grado
Administrator

Looks like MM is back.

I dunno………is the Ducati that much a better bike,
or has 93 finally healed both mentally and physically
to the point he was before he first got hurt.

Remember , the first wreck where the bike bit him when both were tumbling.
That’s bad juju.

Then the snapped plate in his shoulder.
Then the 2nd plate got infected, and nobody noticed that for a good while.

Then they sawed off the arm bone right below the ball that
sits in the shoulder socket.  Which they pinned out of alignment by I think 30 degrees or something.

Then they sawed off the arm bone ball again, fixing
the miss alignment.

I remember even he was thinking wtf, maybe it’s time to give it up.

I know one thing, him doing good on the Ducati is making Honda look, ah, I’ll just say it.

Bad.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

grado wrote
Looks like MM is back.

I dunno………is the Ducati that much a better bike,
Yes, it does good to see him on the podium.
I expected more out of MM than what I’m seeing but it’s still much better than where he was at on Honda.

Yes, the Ducati is a much better bike than the Honda.
It seems like Ducati, KTM and even the smaller bike maker Aprilia is doing better than Honda.

I’m not sure why but it seems like Yamaha and Honda were on top so much they slacked off on improving.
Meanwhile the Duc, Apr. and Ktm (gas-gas) were gunning for the Japanese. Ducati spent months in the air tunnel to and edge which many have copied.
I have to wonder what was Honda and Yamaha doing while the others were building better bikes.

Of course Duc has the advantage of more Ducs on the track and getting more data. I believe I read somewhere that Pamac is moving to Yamaha next year. I don’t see why but it looks like Yamaha is starting to throw the Yen out to help get them back on the podium. I hope they do or pretty soon it will be a Ducati vs Ducati race all the time.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

Zarco lying it out about what he thinks about Greddie.

https://www.the-race.com/motogp/anyway-i-dont-like-you-the-unseen-jerez-motogp-outburst-johann-zarco-freddie-spencer-rant/

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

whatarush wrote

You saw it coming from a long way off.

[...]

My son and I were discussing this.
My contention is the Japanese have evolved into holding the mindset of the ancient European manufacturers they long ago sundered.
Stodgy, perhaps by limited capital and legacy costs, but more critically unable/unwilling to explore new ideas and shapes as they did back into ‘50s-‘70s. And in Yamaha’s case specifically since racing comes out of their Marketing Department, an abject unwillingness to make engineering decisions that would break the visual link between tge M1 and the R1.
Ducati, KTM, Aprilia…. Honey Badgers… just didn’t care.
Ask any question. Explore any answer. It’s all about the brand winning the trophy.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

That’s amazing.
Insightful.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

If not seen already, watch Moto2 when you get the chance.

Re: MotoGP Jerez 2024

Nice spreadsheet.
WAR and OIN are in a good race for first. One DNF could make all the difference.