MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred

Still a week away, but it's looking like at least the threat of rain during practice/qualifying.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred
The rain prevailed making for a wet FP1 and FP2.

Zarco led FP1,(good news for Oldiron and Whatarush), with Miller taking over in FP2, (good news for Whatarush, Motogrady and FatFat). The inclement conditions causing some unusual positions with a fall for Bagnaia, and Marquez and Quartararo not even in the top 10 right now.

With more rain forecast for Saturday we could end up with a strange grid.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
Quart needs to spend some time in the rain. He's just not comfortable in it. I'm sure he's not going to push it and risk a DNF when he is so close to grabbing the championship.

Rossi's part 1 farewell.

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/09/19/to-be-continued-rossi-begins-his-misano-farewell-in-style/394776?dtm_source=link%20&dtm_medium=article&dtm_content=RossiEMRPreview&dtm_campaign=traffic

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred
Oooooh, another wet practice puts Zarco ahead again, with Martin and Miller making a Ducati 1-2-3.

While championship contenders Quartararo and Bagnaia slip into Q1.........!!!!!!!!

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred
This post was updated on .

Damn, a lot of crashes, 7 in FP4, 4 in Q1, and I lost count in Q2, 8, 9 or 10!

Amazing comeback by Bagnaia to get through Q1 and end up on pole!!!!!

It looks like the track will be dry for tomorrow's race, but a mixed bag on the grid due to the wet practice days. Quartararo starts from 15th, Joan Mir is even further back in 18th.

I'm thinking Bagnaia will try for an early lead, with Miller contending, and Marquez in hot pursuit!

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
Another super save from Marquez in Q2.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
And a fabulous save from Bendsneyder

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred
Wow, they were both amazing......especially Bendsneyder's......his looked like his name sounds!!!!

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

oldironnow
Amazing.
Amazing athleticism and skill.
To be so alive like that.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
Danilo's b-day lid.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
Grazie  Vale

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Fatfatboy
Hard front tires were the wrong choice for the Ducati’s today. Pity.

Mir knocking birthday boy Pettrucci out.

Quartararo showing why he is world champion. 15 to 4th place. I was surprised to see him get that far up. He usually doesn’t do that well from that far back.

Quite an emotional day at Misano. For sure.
Rossi’s last race in Italy.
Marquez getting his first podium on a clockwise track since his crash that has jacked up his shoulder.
Quartararo becoming first French motogp champion.
And not but least one lucky Motogp fan in the stands who caught Rossi’s last Italian raced helmet when Rossi threw it into the stands.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

When the commentators were waxing poetic about the brilliant riding of Bagnaia, I was shouting "Shut Up, Shut Up" ... but no, they kept it up and of course "commentators blight" 🥺

Nil pwun for Team Mad4

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

Allred
A real turn up for the books, Miller out early on, and despite me thinking that Bagnaia had Marquez's number, I heard MAD4's shout from my house and knew he had gone down!!!!!!!!

Simon Crafar blamed it on the hard front tire choice of both Miller and Bagnaia, especially as the temps cooled towards the end of the race. Bagnaia was so, so smooth, and it seemed obvious that he had broken Marquez with 6 laps to go, but it's not over until it's over.

Rossi a respectable 10th for his last Italian appearance.

Pol 2nd on the podium, an excellent result for him.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

oldironnow
What an emotion drenched meeting.
Everywhere you turn, there was an important story.
The air was viscous with history.

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

motogrady

I'm thinking 'bout gettin a box of ping pong balls, to throw at the TV, like Elvis used to do.

Effin Miller......😬

Re: MotoGP MISANO ITALY II

oldironnow wrote
What an emotion drenched meeting.